OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what the algae is, but tbh there is no way of escaping all algae short of a good clean up crew. Consider an urchin, they are bulldozers.
Would love a tuxedo urchin but just don’t want it messing w my corals :(

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
I have brought temp down to 25*C and I am starting to increase salinity slowly with evaporation

Blood shrimp(Sebastian) dissapeared completely (he didn’t jump as he’s nowhere on the floor near the tank)

Got an algae scraper with a blade, it is one of the best things I’ve ever bought! My glass is spotless!

Lost my nem, Found my nem lol, she’s doing great

Went to lfs yesterday and got 5 snails, a Duncan and a peacock wrasse

My Monti has started to pick up after moving it to an area with more light yesterday

Getting a clear plastic lid today

All Corals are doing great apart from my Xenia not sure why though?

still got the fuzzy brown stuff on rocks (really can’t figure out what this is, think I will post a thread see if anyone came help) and red slimy sand (Cyano I think or red hair algae)

43A45177-782E-4D4E-A113-290E949F1182.jpeg A532E381-D070-4188-8B16-136C4B528AEE.jpeg 18C5E70A-BDFC-408C-A4DC-EEBA13A5BCE8.jpeg 0133DA0C-A192-4377-8B39-424E7B2871DF.jpeg
Your tank has come a long way. Glad to see your nem is getting better. Put that duncan in a little more flow and he'll stream like a torch. Good luck.

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank has come a long way. Glad to see your nem is getting better. Put that duncan in a little more flow and he'll stream like a torch. Good luck.
I’ve moved to a bit more flow but I’m not sure what you mean by stream ?

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve moved to a bit more flow but I’m not sure what you mean by stream ?
The polyp will open more and the tenticles will be more torch like. He may do well like he is and be beautiful. I like mine to move and sway a bit. He'll grow fast enough to be fun. Enjoy!

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The polyp will open more and the tenticles will be more torch like. He may do well like he is and be beautiful. I like mine to move and sway a bit. He'll grow fast enough to be fun. Enjoy!
Thank you! I can’t wait for him to grow :)

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a new lid today, still need to cut holes for the light and wires/cables e.g. but going to do that on Monday
Think my nem is moving up the rock too! :)

Attachments

• C03F1A81-E3D0-426F-AB0A-B1D07B87F085.jpeg
    C03F1A81-E3D0-426F-AB0A-B1D07B87F085.jpeg
    118.2 KB · Views: 17

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a new lid today, still need to cut holes for the light and wires/cables e.g. but going to do that on Monday
Think my nem is moving up the rock too! :)

I'm glad you hung in with the nem. I've been close to tossing one only to get 2 out of the deal. I'm glad your tank is progressing!

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm glad you hung in with the nem. I've been close to tossing one only to get 2 out of the deal. I'm glad your tank is progressing!
Thanks! He’s gone back to where he was now lol, I got so excited when I thought he was coming out :( I would love for my clowns to host in him
(they’re trying to host a toadstool leather but they get upset when it closes up aha)

Duncan62

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! He’s gone back to where he was now lol, I got so excited when I thought he was coming out :( I would love for my clowns to host in him
(they’re trying to host a toadstool leather but they get upset when it closes up aha)
I've got a pair that wallow in palys. Lol. They're clowns. They'll find something they like. The living room tank has a pair in love with a shell with 2 fat rbta in there. I know you've worked hard for your nem to live. Good luck.

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a pair that wallow in palys. Lol. They're clowns. They'll find something they like. The living room tank has a pair in love with a shell with 2 fat rbta in there. I know you've worked hard for your nem to live. Good luck.
Thanks !:)

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update on my tank:
My corals are doing well, my nem has finally come out :star-struck: My Duncan looks brill,and my monti is growing nicely
My leathers are sideways though, despite me spending lots of money on new power heads to make sure they have lots of flow! Also there is what looks like baby leathers near the base which I thought was a bit wierd, anyone know what they are for sure ?

One of my clowns and my peacock wrasse has disappeared , I’m heartbroken, I couldn’t find them anywhere and have no idea why they presumably passed, I just can’t figure it out
The only thing that I can think of is that they jumped out of the two tiny holes in the lid and my dog ate them off the floor :(
I’m hoping that the peacock wrasse is just hiding under the sand though

I’m also currently tackling aptasia and majano anemones with no luck, I’ve been using lemon juice on the aptasia and trying to manually but it is only spreading more now so I think it’s time for a filefish and or peppermint shrimp

There’s a few bad things that I’m working on but overall, I think it’s doing well

Sorry the pic is a bit blurry

AD0C0736-B781-4A84-939D-A1D67D8C0B12.jpeg C4396376-D213-4B8F-A4EE-9200171A7090.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update:
Got another clownfish who is just staying in the top corner of the tank, he kind of looks stuck ?
and a filefish to take care of some of the aptasia and it seems to be picking at the rocks already which is good

I also got a monti frag and a small hammer frag but when I put the hammer frag in my tank I noticed that I think it has brown jelly and I don’t have any coral dip or iodine :loudly-crying-face:

E724958B-8806-456E-9130-1CDE0F12738A.jpeg 8EE69723-FC3C-41DA-BACD-8B8841FBEF12.jpeg C2414DD4-59B9-478C-8ADE-38E6B5C3A723.jpeg

Last edited:

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns are weird - being in the corner is totally normal.
Doesn’t look like brown jelly - just like it’s very stressed. Check your params to make sure nothing is off. Medium light, low to medium flow.

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clowns are weird - being in the corner is totally normal.
Doesn’t look like brown jelly - just like it’s very stressed. Check your params to make sure nothing is off. Medium light, low to medium flow.
I’m glad to hear that, params seem fine, maybe it’s just stress

also they’ve met! And the orange clownfish has taken over the anemone :face-with-tears-of-joy:

OP
OP
Emma_fish

Emma_fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In response to the recent disappearance of fish :( I am now only left with the new clown and my watchman goby ( and snails +coral)
Todays lfs trip was just for some reef roids that I am going to start feeding once every one or two weeks with a pipette and some seaweed sheets and clips to attach it to the wall for my fish

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 36.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 25.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 7.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.8%
Back