Converting Pluppies (Platy + Guppy) to Salt?

danenelsen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reef2Reef!

Yesterday I found baby “Pluppies” in one of my freshwater aquariums. Platies and Guppies aren’t supposed to be able to breed, but those are the only two fish in that tank so it could only have been them. I know that Guppies can be converted to salt and Platies can’t, so do you think that “Pluppies” would be able to survive the transition?

gafishkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Reef2Reef!

Yesterday I found baby “Pluppies” in one of my freshwater aquariums. Platies and Guppies aren’t supposed to be able to breed, but those are the only two fish in that tank so it could only have been them. I know that Guppies can be converted to salt and Platies can’t, so do you think that “Pluppies” would be able to survive the transition?

gafishkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have been told that also have1male koi guppy been looking for a female but all of a sudden I have koi platties and my platties are Mickey mouse or swag orange body black tail. But what can't be, is swimming in my tank orange & white koi platties.

Sassafras

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May not be "pluppies", females can hold sperm for a long time. Female may have been fertilized before you got them.

OP
OP
danenelsen

danenelsen

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
May not be "pluppies", females can hold sperm for a long time. Female may have been fertilized before you got them.
It’s possible, but I don’t think so…The “Pluppies” have the male guppies colors, but the females shape. Also, the female Platy had a clutch before these while I had her.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 144 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back