Converting to Triton method with Neptune Systems Apex/Trident/DOS

dwfain

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 18, 2020
Messages
96
Reaction score
36
Location
Benton
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am converting one of my tanks over to the Triton method from RedSea and need some help and advice. What's the best way to go about setting up the DOS heads with the Trident? I need them to be staggered throughout the day. For example I need DOS 1 to dose every hour on the 10s, DOS 2 on the 20's, 3 on the 30's, and 4 on the 40's. Also is there a way to make the Trident control the dosing as it does now based on the readings?

Also are 3A and 3B both the same--Alkalinity? If my Trident shows Alk changing which do I adjust, all 4 or 3A or 3B?
@Julian@Triton
 
Last edited:
Good question :)
 
Also are 3A and 3B both the same--Alkalinity? If my Trident shows Alk changing which do I adjust, all 4 or 3A or 3B?

Dose all parts equally unless you have some substantial imbalance to correct.

"Core7 Base Elements uses a 1:1 ratio - for every 1mL of Part 1 you use, you should be using 1mL of Part 2, Part 3A, & Part 3B."

I do not know the logistics of automating the dosing with your equipment. Perhaps others who have these devices can chime in.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new