Cooling down aquarium in hot temperatures

Hi I'm Rob I have A 450 litre tank I keep my tank cool in a simple manor.
I freeze 2 x 2 litre bottles of water and float them in the sump . I rotate the bottles until temperature is at a desired temperature.
Exactly what I do too in my 350
 
Welcome to the fishy family! That is a great trick to remember if you ever lose power, say in a hurricane, etc. Good in a pinch!
Join Us Mystery Science Theater 3000 GIF by MOODMAN
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!
 
Hi I'm Rob I have A 450 litre tank I keep my tank cool in a simple manor.
I freeze 2 x 2 litre bottles of water and float them in the sump . I rotate the bottles until temperature is at a desired temperature.
We do this if the fan across the surface isn't enough.
 
I did the bottle thing and it ate my freezer space and was hard to keep up with. Finally gave in and got a chiller. Best investment ever !!
 
Welcome to R2R, I know a number of folks who years ago cooled down their tanks like that and it works but you have to stay on top of the melting bottles, but it does work!!!
ZomboMeme 08032021132405.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new