Cooling down mixed saltwater

Aquavaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to mix my saltwater outside under the patio because there's no faucet in the garage. Summers here hit triple digits almost daily so even in the shade of the patio my mixed saltwater temp is in the 90s. I don't have any room in the freezer to be freezing a bunch of water bottles so I have to transfer what I need to use to buckets and bring them inside. This still takes hours to cool down to usable temps and not to mention having 4 or 5 buckets around the house.

Anything else I can do to cool it down faster? If I ever need emergency water I'm pretty much screwed. Ugh I really hate the summers here.

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bring the buckets in the night before. Thats what i do. Or when im in a rush i drop in a few ziplock bags of frozen rodi water.
Agreed -- inside overnight in human acceptable temperatures should be sufficient.
If in a rush, ZipLoc bags of ice floating in it ... although,,, I'd go regular ice from the freezer without worrying about trying to freeze RO/DI water, but to each his own.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
you can also float packs before using it. Make ice packs from zip lock bags by filling 4-6 with water and freeze. Then add a bag or two in sump. When they melt, take out two more and place melted ones back in freezer until temperature reaches safe range

Back