Cooling fan inside SUMP Cabinent

Acro Junky

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2014
Messages
1,383
Reaction score
2,576
Location
california
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I’ve read through quite a few threads but haven’t found a clear answer, so I figured I’d ask directly.

My tank needs additional cooling, and I’m considering adding a fan to blow across the water surface. However, since I’m running a sump, I’d prefer to keep the fan inside the cabinet with the rest of the equipment.

My main concern is moisture buildup with the cabinet closed while the fan is running. For those of you who run a fan in your sump area, has humidity or moisture accumulation been an issue?
 
I’ve read through quite a few threads but haven’t found a clear answer, so I figured I’d ask directly.

My tank needs additional cooling, and I’m considering adding a fan to blow across the water surface. However, since I’m running a sump, I’d prefer to keep the fan inside the cabinet with the rest of the equipment.

My main concern is moisture buildup with the cabinet closed while the fan is running. For those of you who run a fan in your sump area, has humidity or moisture accumulation been an issue?
To be effective the air needs to move though the cabinet so venting would be necessary.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new