Copapods in predatory tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter hawkie
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

hawkie

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 30, 2021
Messages
49
Reaction score
42
Location
Long Island
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I got my new predator tank set up it’s about 6 weeks old and I have a bit of copapods starting to build up on the wall. I’m looking for something to that will maintain the amount of pods in the tank. I have a black volitan, panther grouper and snowflake eel. 3 in lionfish, 1 1/2 in grouper and 5 in eel. Clearly they’re going to grow tremendously but I’m looking for something to keep these critters under wraps. Gobies likely will be dinner at some point but if I can’t find anything else I might just go for it. Also not really looking to put corals in this tank at any point just an FYI. Would love to hear your 2 cents on this
 
A sand sifting star and others, like a chocolate chip will eat copepods. I don't know any larger fish, all the ones I am familiar with are too small.
 
Anyone think a dragon gobi would help?
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new