Copepods in water column

kalynk87

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 30, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
14
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I have a 15 gallon hello reef fully stocked with zoas, yumas, mushrooms, target mandarin, opossum wrasse, and pistol shrimp. I'm running the AI blade grow and glow. I've added pods several times because I never see them on the glass or backwall. Now about once a week I get a 'bloom' of copepods that are in the water column. I can see them swimming so I know they aren't stirred up sand or micro bubbles. Does anyone else have this happen? Is this a bad thing? Should I stop adding pods weekly to feed the mandarin and wrasse? I grow pods so they're free at this point. I've never seen this happen in a tank before. Thanks!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new