Copepods & Rotifers

ChelseaBidwell

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 2, 2019
Messages
192
Reaction score
422
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick, newbie question. I have all the equipment needed for 5 seperate cultures of copepods/rotifers and for 3 cultures of phytoplankton. My question is what types of copepods do you guys recommend? I was reading about Tisbee, Tig, Psedodiaptomus, and Zoopods. Is there any significant benefits/drawbacks to any of them? I am definitely going to use 2 of my jars/containers for rotifers (not doing the tank method), and I want to do 3 different types of copepods for some variety. FYI, most of this is being done to help sustain my future Mandarine, and general health of the tank. We have our sump set up, but decided to do a refugium and are setting it up this weekend. I am hoping to go ahead and help kickstart the coloninization. Thanks for any input!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new