Copepods Storage

ggNoRe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some advice please. I ordered Algaebarn's Ecopods but the setup on my tank has been delayed a few days. So now I have the Ecopods which were delivered today but my tank won't be setup until tomorrow or Friday. What can I do to store them until then and make sure they don't die? Thanks in advance.

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They should be fine for a few days in their original container.

CMMorgan

Counting my blessings...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some advice please. I ordered Algaebarn's Ecopods but the setup on my tank has been delayed a few days. So now I have the Ecopods which were delivered today but my tank won't be setup until tomorrow or Friday. What can I do to store them until then and make sure they don't die? Thanks in advance.
I think you'd be good for a few days if you don't freeze the little suckers. @Dabcrusher ... can you confirm?

OP
OP
G

ggNoRe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks. What's better room temp, refrigerator, or in original packaging (ice pack that's no longer cool and some sort of insulated aluminum)?

JosephM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can throw them in the fridge as well. I'm not the brightest but from what I've read if they're stored at a lower temp their metabolism will slow down so not as many will starve. Just avoid the extremes mainly. And as others have stated room temp for a few days is just fine as well.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back