OP
DariusThomad

DariusThomad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not terribly under weight, no just could use a little extra. Glad to hear its eating out of column. Good sign! Watch that tang though. Mine went from chasing the CBB to one day having a nice cut. My CBB started to get tired of being chased and started standing its ground showing the tang its top spikes and thats when the tang started using its tail. Maybe yours will get along hopefully but let me tell you a tang can eviscerate another fish so quickly that before you know it its a goner.
Ahh that’s not good to hear! They are swimming together so hopefully they get along! My copperband instantly showed its top spikes and after that point the tang wasnt 100% sure and kinda just chased rather than ‘stabbing’ him... the tang stabbed once or twice but no damage, will be keeping a good eye on him! GOOD NEWS!!! my copperband has a taste for aiptasia!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
hello all! Thank you for the responses, I ended up leaving him in there and recorded him while I was away from tank (after pouring a load of copepods and some brine shrimp in the tank) he’s funny enough eating like crazy!! Just not around me (I’ll attach a clip)
I’ve now placed a cube of frozen brine to try ‘rush’ the process along so he is in the small tank for as short time as possible. Happy with seeing him eat on the second day though!
The tank has a bag of sand that is around one year mature it also has matured rock roughly 6 months old hoping this will keep the ammonia down, I will do WC aswell!
I am currently using the spare heater from my main tank to heat him and I have a small cheap filter that is making the water move.
really happy with the progress considering one day has passed I was worried about him not eating and I was thinking that putting him in the main display may encourage him to eat given is that he would watch other fish.. glad I haven’t yet! Thanks for the help- will continue to update

0709E02B-CB36-4EF8-BF5B-D71DE7386323.gif
Like I said - Bashful and finicky. Go easy on feeding amount as the water will quickly foul

Here's mine (about 5.5")

1613169709661.png

OP
OP
DariusThomad

DariusThomad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like I said - Bashful and finicky. Go easy on feeding amount as the water will quickly foul

Here's mine (about 5.5")

1613169709661.png
He’s in the main display now and going well!! The stuff I poured in were live brine, he ate them all, went through 2 bags in 2 nights... I then fed him some frozen cube brine and he ate it! So I put him in the main display and he ended up eating and now has a taste for aiptasia!!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
He’s in the main display now and going well!! The stuff I poured in were live brine, he ate them all, went through 2 bags in 2 nights... I then fed him some frozen cube brine and he ate it! So I put him in the main display and he ended up eating and now has a taste for aiptasia!!
Great to hear but again go easy with the amount youre feeding

OP
OP
DariusThomad

DariusThomad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great to hear but again go easy with the amount youre feeding
Yessir, as always! Feeding the sake amount as usual really, I mix 6 different foods up and feed them a portion of it so they gave mixed diet. Out of curiosity, are aiptasia considered good for them/ very nutritious for them? As he eats them and my LFS has loads! So they are happy for me to clean the rocks for them

OP
OP
DariusThomad

DariusThomad

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear a successful story about CBB. Good job
Thank you! I truly believe it was down to where I sourced it from! I got very lucky! I asked the shop to order me one in so I didn’t get to see it’s weight, eating, in fact, I didn’t know what the fish looked like before purchasing (in general) so I got very lucky that the CBB came in with a nice weight and probably had pre-training before being sold! However for the price I couldn’t complain!! Didn’t seem to have an extra price tag on it! However I’m glad I quarantined him and knew he was eating before introducing him into the main tank! Looks stunning under the lights!
appreciate your kind words :)
6401F23E-6FD9-4067-9F3A-B6D51801FD16.jpeg
B219804F-33AE-42CA-8094-0DF4E3EE9404.jpeg
EF077D70-48A3-49FA-95AA-4BBF1C425331.jpeg

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%

Back