copperband butterfly fish?

Check liveaquaria.com. About 3X the price. Surprisingly, a friend of mine ordered his Aussie CBB at about the same time I got the Indo Pacific and his perished while mine adopted well. However, I bought 2 before I got a hardy one. I think there is a lot of variability in the survival of these fish but the collection techniques of the Australian ones are much more conducive to their survival. Also, get a small one if possible; they seem to fare better.
ok. so are the ones from live aquaria pretty nice then? I don't want to get some crappy looking cbb because I bought it off the internet instead of a lfs.
 
i've had my CBB for about a year now. the only thing mine ate that it wasn't supposed to eat, was a tube worm, most folks i know have experienced the same thing. he has never gone after any other coral or clam, but tube worms beware.
 
yup awesome fish, you will never keep any feather dusters, tube worms, x-mas tree worms are coco worms are aiptashia . heres my 4 year old one eatting mysis shrimp
100_1385.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 16 34.0%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 6.4%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new