Copperband Butterfly, Keep in pairs?

  • Thread starter Thread starter OrionN
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
There is a way to sex CBB. It is the slope of the forehead. There is very minor differences between the two sex. I wrote and documented extensively with picture on this. Please do a search. You may be able to come up with the stuff I wrote on Thai subject.
I couldn’t find it, but perhaps you can help me.

This is the new one (in QT)

IMG_6195.jpeg
IMG_6194.jpeg




This is the established one (in display)

IMG_6199.jpeg
IMG_6198.jpeg
 
Exact profile picture of the CBB is important in trying to ID male vs female.

According to the authors of the article I quote in the other thread, once they correctly sexed their CBB, put them together at the same time only result in a pair 16.67% of the time. If they place one of the pair in floating basket held in the same tank, for 1 week prior to release, the pairing rate approach 100%.
 
Last edited:
I couldn’t find it, but perhaps you can help me.

This is the new one (in QT)

IMG_6195.jpeg
IMG_6194.jpeg




This is the established one (in display)

IMG_6199.jpeg
IMG_6198.jpeg
I am fairly sure the established CBB is a male. I am not so sure of the new CBB. Better profile picture is needed to tell for sure
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 13 52.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 48.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new