Copperband Butterfly Not Eating

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't see a pic of this cbb in thread . Are we positive it isn't lympho (common in butterflies) instead of ich?

merkmerk73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For anyone who is having issues with feeding Butterflyfish, please try clams or cockles. They are the single best thing you can use. I had tons of trouble getting my Butterflys to eat until I learned about feeding clams. Cockles are cheaper if you can find them. This was a life saver and all my fish absolutely love them... They all slowly transitioned to frozen mysis, and then to PE mysis pellets and Seaweed pellets.

When in doubt... clam.
Old thread but replying here because it's a google result

I have a CBB and I'm using cockles. So far it hasn't eaten them and the hermits absolutely SWARM the clam as soon as it opens up and the CBB swims around and gets near it like a creepy little voyeur at a sex club

Anyway, the method I'm using is to freeze the clams/cockles completely overnight and then drop in the tank. Within minutes the thawing (now dead) clam opens up and it's feeding time.

Be sure they freeze long enough - I had one in there for a few hours and it never opened up when I put it in. Probably in some miserable state of half death.

I'll try to post back here while I continue to try. I paid out the butt to order some blackworms ($100 shipping for $50 of worms)

So far it has ignored masstick (as have my biota mandarins)

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 39.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 21.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back