Copperband Butterfly

pken40

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got my CBB from LFS where he looked great and was eating frozen. LFS had treated him in copper treated tank as they do with a lot of new arrivals. Got him home (75 gallon reef) and he acclimated well and quickly with new tank mates. He was always the first one to eat and never missed a meal and never noticed him being the victim of aggression and no sign of disease ever. Had him for 6 months. I notice on Monday am he didn't eat morning meal. Asked wife to keep an eye on him that day. Came home from work and he had passed. No other sign of anything abnormal with other fish.

Here's my main question if answerable. Is this normal for CBB? Did we do something wrong? We are thinking of possibly replacing him but do not want to go through same experience. Thanks in advance for any help!

Tank parameters
Salinity 1.025
Alk 7.6
Phos .04
Nitrate 16
PH 8.1
Temp 78

Tank mates
Yellow tang
Fox face
Coral beauty
2 -clowns
Fire fish
Lawn mower blenny
Cleaner shrimp

Diet - Larrys, Mysis and brine shrimp, Rods herb blend, half shell clams and nori

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, everything will die as far as we know.
I have a cbb for about the same amount of time, it behaves like yours and it is healthy and heavier than when I rescued it but now I’m going to be more careful with the fish to make certain that it is getting nutrients to prevent it from ending like your fish did. Thanks for posting and sorry for your cbb’s short lifespan.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.2%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%

Back