Copperband pods diet

Aquariumaddictuk

Discus Sensei, Reefing Padawan
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been watching a small but bright, chunky copperband in my LFS for the last 4 months.hes been feeding voraciously on mysis & yesterday I took the plunge.
He's feeding well on mysis & masstick with regular small feeds & has also polished off the aips in tank.
He's poking around the rocks almost constantly as expected & presumably after the amphipods that are fairly sizeable.

Would it be beneficial to add more pods on the regular or are they fine on mysis/masstick as main diet?

I'm debating placing some masstick in small dots on rockwork to keep him hunting

Charlie the Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m always concerned about my cbb getting enough food. If you’re really worried I recommend buying neck clams from the local store. For me, I can get like 30 for like 5 bucks or less. Then feed them at least once every other day, or when you suspect he’s hungry. My cbb annihilates those neck clams…

OP
OP
Aquariumaddictuk

Aquariumaddictuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m always concerned about my cbb getting enough food. If you’re really worried I recommend buying neck clams from the local store. For me, I can get like 30 for like 5 bucks or less. Then feed them at least once every other day, or when you suspect he’s hungry. My cbb annihilates those neck clams…
Only 2 clowns & and a gramma in tank otherwise but he's a lot slower to grab food than them as I expected.its a case of turning off flow & return & adding mysis in different spots to trigger his feeding.the masstick is a big help but I think something like chopped mussel in a DIY feeder is a good idea

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I regularly adds copepods to my tank just to keep him happy! :) I get them from Reefphyto Ltd. (as you're based in the UK).

Also, whenever the LFS has some I grab them all :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

OP
OP
Aquariumaddictuk

Aquariumaddictuk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I regularly adds copepods to my tank just to keep him happy! :) I get them from Reefphyto Ltd. (as you're based in the UK).

Also, whenever the LFS has some I grab them all :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Added 2 more bags yesterday & restarted phyto albeit cautiously to start.
I think it's good for CBB to be able to indulge in natural feeding habits in the rockwork even if bulk of food comes from other items.
I had some big amphipods in tank which are less visible now so I'm hoping he has polished those off & the copepods will have a chance to establish :D

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back