Copperband wanting fight ?

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all.
So had this cbb few months now and got it eating shell fish no problem 3 times daily but it's glass surfing on one side the tank that looks into my room.
As it going up / down/ left and right it's dorsal spines are erect so I'm thinking it thinks it's reflection is another cbb.whatever it is ,it's stressing him out,also got a blue streaked cleaner wrasse that he sometimes lets clean him but mainly swims off so maybe cleaner irritating him idk .
When lights go off in tank and only TV on and a lamp in corner of room it's calm and roaming around rocks doing its thing.
Other fish.......
Silver belly wrasse
Ywg + pistol
2 clowns
Tailspot blennie
Bi colour blennie
Coral beauty
Blue streaked cleaner ( defo real one)

Assortment usual snails and 2 cleaner shrimp

Salifert tests
Po4 = 0.25
No3= darker than 25 but not as dark as 50 and api reads about 30
Alk = 7.7
Temp stable at 78
Sg = 1.026 stable with ato
Tank 80g with sump
Tried today celotaping white paper to side of tank with a clip on light next to side of tank on and off.
Tank 8 month old and no fish deaths at all.
3 hermits dead in 8 months but 2 deaths seen killed by naughty hermit.
1 snail dead after introduced in 8 months .
1 pistol probably from bad mot as had it 5 or so months before Mia ( bought another the other week )

Will try buy some black paper to stick to side of tank and not clean that side of tank as cant as rather have dirty side of tank than paper lol.
Any ideas on how to make him chill out a little ? Or just leave it be as he healthy and eating and acting normal after lights out with just ambient light ( lights are 4 x t5 ,2 marine blue and 2 su light ) I tried facing 2 white lights upwards so bluer tank but still same .
Aw all other fish eating and acting normal and no spots/ visible parasites or twitching/ flashing etc etc etc

Goaway

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The paper there blocking out the light is allowing him to see his reflection. I am not sure how to go about that. If the light is off when the aquarium lights are off, I don't see a reason to use the covering.

Also, if he is like my cbb, food will take priority. Eventually he'll leave the reflection alone. If not, may need to remove the side cover.

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He been doing it for quite few weeks now when aquarium lights are on,but when aquarium lights go off and just TV and lamp in room on he stops it and just calmly goes around picking from the rocks.

So today looked through tank from one side to other and could see reflection and off course me looking from front of tank to side it looks like a mirror so just thought try put paper up and see then tried putting clip on light without the paper and with the paper ,but still does it .

My tank quite a dark room as long and thin and only small window and got wooden blinds that Mrs wants half closed lol so I'm at a loss

OP
OP
ying yang

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is now at 00.15 with tank lights off,like the glass is all mirrors lol and looking from one end to other with paper up and when tank lights was on looking through this way made reflection seem less when looking from one side to other side ( for me anyway but could still see reflection ) but from front of tank to side like a mirror,back glass is blacked out ,will let tank side go dirty and see what happens ,other than that maybe paint side tank blue or black but unsure I want that as its the side looking into room so will look funny but we shall see how things go.
Thanks for replys

20211023_001401.jpg 20211023_001413.jpg 20211023_001649.jpg

Back