Copperband White spots on tail

alexio215

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I’ve been quarantining a copperband butterfly for about 2 weeks in copper power at 2.5ppm. He’s been eating great. Recently I found an almost hazy white spot on his tail. Any clue what it could be? Thanks

CE57CA5E-059A-4FF3-ADB4-5E0114F4A2CD.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hello all, I’ve been quarantining a copperband butterfly for about 2 weeks in copper power at 2.5ppm. He’s been eating great. Recently I found an almost hazy white spot on his tail. Any clue what it could be? Thanks

Typical with large angels and butterflies and is a viral condition known as Lymphocystis. Again- Condition, not parasite
Its often caused by poor water quality and/or diet. Assure ammonia and/or nitrate not elevated.

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

While it could be lymphocystis, it looks a bit diffuse/cloudy to me, but that could be the focus of the picture. I would just keep an eye on it for know and finish up the copper for another 2 weeks. I’d then run GC or Prazipro 2x nine days apart.
Jay

OP
OP
A

alexio215

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Typical with large angels and butterflies and is a viral condition known as Lymphocystis. Again- Condition, not parasite
Its often caused by poor water quality and/or diet. Assure ammonia and/or nitrate not elevated.
Thank you for your input. Truly appreciate it and the fast reply I’ll keep that in mind.

OP
OP
A

alexio215

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While it could be lymphocystis, it looks a bit diffuse/cloudy to me, but that could be the focus of the picture. I would just keep an eye on it for know and finish up the copper for another 2 weeks. I’d then run GC or Prazipro 2x nine days apart.
Jay
Awesome. Will do, thank you. Thanks for the fast reply!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back