Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for oppinons from people that have successfully kept a CBB with clams.

I have a 6ft 180g that is quickly becoming overrun with aiptasia. Most of them are still small but there are a lot of them. I have a lot of gha and they are sprouting in patches of it like weeds in a garden. I have a six line so Berghia Nudi's are not an option. I don't really want a filefish as I have quite a few large fleshy lps and I haven't seen any true peppermint shrimp locally to try. I have a copperband in a smaller tank that is about ready to be moved into a larger tank. I have not seen the CBB eat aiptasia but I have also never seen any in the DT even though they have been in the sump and overflow so I assume the CBB is eating them in the DT. I have large tangs in the 180 so I have been hesitant to move the CBB in as it is doing so well after 10 months but I'm ready to try it if it eats the aiptasia.

The kicker is I have a Derasa clam that is doing great. I have never been able to keep a clam before. The purchase of a par meter is what has made keeping one possible IMO. I also have a maxima coming tomorrow. The reason for the poll. And if you've read this far thank you

Crabby48

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking for oppinons from people that have successfully kept a CBB with clams.

I have a 6ft 180g that is quickly becoming overrun with aiptasia. Most of them are still small but there are a lot of them. I have a lot of gha and they are sprouting in patches of it like weeds in a garden. I have a six line so Berghia Nudi's are not an option. I don't really want a filefish as I have quite a few large fleshy lps and I haven't seen any true peppermint shrimp locally to try. I have a copperband in a smaller tank that is about ready to be moved into a larger tank. I have not seen the CBB eat aiptasia but I have also never seen any in the DT even though they have been in the sump and overflow so I assume the CBB is eating them in the DT. I have large tangs in the 180 so I have been hesitant to move the CBB in as it is doing so well after 10 months but I'm ready to try it if it eats the aiptasia.

The kicker is I have a Derasa clam that is doing great. I have never been able to keep a clam before. The purchase of a par meter is what has made keeping one possible IMO. I also have a maxima coming tomorrow. The reason for the poll. And if you've read this far thank you
I would say anything is possible but most likely he will pick. Have a way to house the clams somewhere?

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have kept copperbands with crocea and maxima clams and they never picked on them. I also havent had much luck feeding copperbands clams on halfshells but i know they are supposed to eat those. Probably hit or miss depending on whether the copperband you have already likes to eat clams

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back