COR 15 alarm *EMERGENCY*

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Today I got an alarm from my apex saying *OverCur*. however, i did look this up and said something might be stuck in the propeller. as we all know when things go downhill it happens when you're not at home. i am away from my tank and I'm at work and won't be back until tomorrow morning. I did within 36 seconds as you can see in the picture turn off the pump and restart it. now it's saying that it's at 100% and it's operating fine. does anyone know what this means? as of lately I've had a light amount of precipitation in my tank but nothing that would lock a pump up. do i need to attend to this now or am i fine?

Overcur.jpg

after i restarted the pump this is what it says on my dashboard
overcur2.jpg

overcur3.jpg

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Today I got an alarm from my apex saying *OverCur*. however, i did look this up and said something might be stuck in the propeller. as we all know when things go downhill it happens when you're not at home. i am away from my tank and I'm at work and won't be back until tomorrow morning. I did within 36 seconds as you can see in the picture turn off the pump and restart it. now it's saying that it's at 100% and it's operating fine. does anyone know what this means? as of lately I've had a light amount of precipitation in my tank but nothing that would lock a pump up. do i need to attend to this now or am i fine?

Overcur.jpg

after i restarted the pump this is what it says on my dashboard
overcur2.jpg

overcur3.jpg
The problem is you have no way of actually knowing if the pump is running without a flow sensor

OP
OP
Sidsreef

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is you have no way of actually knowing if the pump is running without a flow sensor
I have a liquid level sensor in my sump. it is reading correctly because when the pump alarm went off the sump level went up and after i restarted the levels went back to normal. so yes i have a way to verify its running. i also have a indoor camera that looks in the direction of my tank with audio (even tho i cant see my tank. there is no alarm that my neptune would give off if a pump failure were to occur) the alarm was sounding when i checked the camera and audio. when i reset it sounds normal again.

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a liquid level sensor in my sump. it is reading correctly because when the pump alarm went off the sump level went up and after i restarted the levels went back to normal. so yes i have a way to verify its running. i also have a indoor camera that looks in the direction of my tank with audio (even tho i cant see my tank. there is no alarm that my neptune would give off if a pump failure were to occur) the alarm was sounding when i checked the camera and audio. when i reset it sounds normal again.
Well, that’s a good thing then. For what it’s worth I have had issues with my core pumps and turned them off and back on and they were reading 100% also even though they were running at the proper percentage which is 30%. What I have done to fix it is unplug the core Power cord for one minute and then plugged it back in.

OP
OP
Sidsreef

Sidsreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe it’s just glitching right now
Thank God!!!!!! I’ll give it a good check tomorrow morning to make sure that everything is OK and then I’ll report back here to let y’all know what I found in case somebody else comes across his problem. I’ve heard bad things about the flow sensor because they read incorrectly but I’ll take a look at it. Regarding the on off an auto switch on the dashboard for Neptune system above that it says 100%. You can look at the picture that I posted above where it says core 15, 100% what does that mean? That means that it’s 100% working right?
Or is it mean it’s running at 100% speed?

((FORDTECH))

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank God!!!!!! I’ll give it a good check tomorrow morning to make sure that everything is OK and then I’ll report back here to let y’all know what I found in case somebody else comes across his problem. I’ve heard bad things about the flow sensor because they read incorrectly but I’ll take a look at it. Regarding the on off an auto switch on the dashboard for Neptune system above that it says 100%. You can look at the picture that I posted above where it says core 15, 100% what does that mean? That means that it’s 100% working right?
Or is it mean it’s running at 100% speed?
That means it’s running at 100% speed which like I said I have my it had mine glitch saying 100% but it’s not 100%. I know this because a cor 20 at 100%. It’s like a hurricane in my tank and it was not even though red 100%.

Back