Cor 20 Gravity Fed?

eacass02

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My brother wants to plumb a cor in a closed loop with a uv sterilizer on his 120 tank. It has a dual overflow so the original plan was to split the line that both run from a varios 6 and have one plumbed with the cor and the uv back into one of the return lines while the varios 6 took care of the rest through the other return line. But he really wants a closed loop system, he doesn't like the idea of the uv getting water from the sump instead of the display. So my question is the Cor 20 gravity fed, or could we have a pipe in the top of the display tank pull water to the cor in the stand below and then through the uv back to the display? Or is the cor gravity fed, meaning it would have to sit in the tank and send the water down to the uv sterilizer in the stand below and back up into the display?

Personally I think running a uv sterilizer from a manifold or pump in the sump is just fine, is there a benefit for having it a closed loop within the display where it can theoretically tackle ich and stuff better? Thanks!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I’m just dense (though I am on vacation this week) but I have no idea what you are asking LOL. Where you locate the pump on a closed loop really doesn’t matter as long as it remains primed. There’s no gravity or head pressure considerations. An UV will work fine plumbed in and out of the sump. There will be some recirculating, but as long as turnover from the display is adequate the UV will do what it does.

Stuck to your aquarium: Do you put reef-related stickers on or around your reef system?

• I have reef-related stickers everywhere!

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • I have some reef-related stickers on or around my reef system.

Votes: 61 28.4%
  • I have some reef-related stickers, but not on my reef system.

Votes: 47 21.9%
  • I don’t have reef-related stickers, but I am interested in getting some.

Votes: 25 11.6%
  • I have no interest in reef-related stickers.

Votes: 74 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 0.9%
Back