COR 20 Pump Won’t Keep IQ After Power Failure

Albertan22

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 10, 2019
Messages
750
Reaction score
753
Location
Alberta
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed that after a power disruption my COR 20 will come back on at 100% (normal is 50%) until the head unit regains network connectivity. This is a problem after a power failure as it takes a few seconds for the head unit to establish a connection with the router, but it also takes a minute or more for the router to regain its network connection. During that minute my pump is blasting, my emergency drain is flowing like crazy, and my ATO pumps a ton of extra RODI into the tank. Is this a flaw in the programming, or something I’ve done wrong? It seems that the pump should retain memory of its IQ setting and that it shouldn’t need a web connection to maintain it. So far the only solution I can think of is to set the fallback to off. #apexusers
 
Use Fallback 50 or some other lower percentage in the Advanced code view. Fallback is the setting it will follow when not in communications with the Apex.
 
Use Fallback 50 or some other lower percentage in the Advanced code view. Fallback is the setting it will follow when not in communications with the Apex.
I didn’t know you could set a value with the Fallback command, thought it was just on or off. I’ve set the new code and will test. Thanks!
 
You should also be able to do something similar for the ATO. Maybe put a delay in the outlet it is plugged into so everything has a chance to stabilize.

I have something like that with mine but is for a feed mode. The skimmer and ATO both shut off and then turn back on about 10 minutes after feeding is done.
 
For my vortech pumps I made a profile called startup and set it to 20% .

My fallback statement is fallback startup
 
So what do you do my Cor 20 won’t start up I have it plugged into the power bar for the apex.
And the controller is connected But if I turn off the power to do something. It won’t turn back on.
 
So what do you do my Cor 20 won’t start up I have it plugged into the power bar for the apex.
And the controller is connected But if I turn off the power to do something. It won’t turn back on.

What happens when you plug the Cor 20's power to a normal outlet, non EB832/Apex? BTW this is a good idea to do anyway as it is a fail safe should something trip the Apex bar.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new