COR 20 Pump Won’t Keep IQ After Power Failure

Albertan22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed that after a power disruption my COR 20 will come back on at 100% (normal is 50%) until the head unit regains network connectivity. This is a problem after a power failure as it takes a few seconds for the head unit to establish a connection with the router, but it also takes a minute or more for the router to regain its network connection. During that minute my pump is blasting, my emergency drain is flowing like crazy, and my ATO pumps a ton of extra RODI into the tank. Is this a flaw in the programming, or something I’ve done wrong? It seems that the pump should retain memory of its IQ setting and that it shouldn’t need a web connection to maintain it. So far the only solution I can think of is to set the fallback to off. #apexusers

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use Fallback 50 or some other lower percentage in the Advanced code view. Fallback is the setting it will follow when not in communications with the Apex.

OP
OP
Albertan22

Albertan22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use Fallback 50 or some other lower percentage in the Advanced code view. Fallback is the setting it will follow when not in communications with the Apex.
I didn’t know you could set a value with the Fallback command, thought it was just on or off. I’ve set the new code and will test. Thanks!

block134

Obsessed
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should also be able to do something similar for the ATO. Maybe put a delay in the outlet it is plugged into so everything has a chance to stabilize.

I have something like that with mine but is for a feed mode. The skimmer and ATO both shut off and then turn back on about 10 minutes after feeding is done.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Vet reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what do you do my Cor 20 won’t start up I have it plugged into the power bar for the apex.
And the controller is connected But if I turn off the power to do something. It won’t turn back on.

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what do you do my Cor 20 won’t start up I have it plugged into the power bar for the apex.
And the controller is connected But if I turn off the power to do something. It won’t turn back on.

What happens when you plug the Cor 20's power to a normal outlet, non EB832/Apex? BTW this is a good idea to do anyway as it is a fail safe should something trip the Apex bar.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 75 86.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 6.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.4%
Back