COR20 not working!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just connected a brand cor20 and it's not doing anything, just flashing red. Fusion shows overcur and I'm unable to calibrate or even start the pump. It's connected to a brand new EB832, aquabus cable plugged in, tiles in fusion, both show overcur in red. HELP!!!!1

Hydrored

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Current Alarm
- the COR can detect and report an over-current condition, specifically, if the pump is drawing more electrical power than normal. This could be a result of the pump intake being blocked or a foreign object is stuck in the impeller.

I would check that the impeller can spin, also over tightening the housing can be an issue

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Instead of:

If FeedA 000 Then OFF

You can just put:

If FeedA 000 Then 20

Which will bring it down to 20% during the feed mode.
Thanks, but I use VO's to trigger feed modes for my pumps. I've altered the feed times to match, but I need the cor20 to follow the VO when triggered. I'll dig deeper. I know I saw it somewhere here.

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, but I use VO's to trigger feed modes for my pumps. I've altered the feed times to match, but I need the cor20 to follow the VO when triggered. I'll dig deeper. I know I saw it somewhere here.

It will be about the same then...

If Output VO = ON Then 20

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! That's pretty much what I did, but it didn't take when I tried it. I'll investigate further tomorrow.

The order of the commands matters. Anything listed after that would override it, so you probably want that line at the end. If you post the whole program for your pump here I’m sure we can get you sorted out.

U

User1

View Badges
You mentioned Cor 20. What outlet are you using? I would recommend plugging the Cor 20 into a wall outlet and outside the Apex energybars. This way if something happens with the bar the Cor still runs. I run 2 x Cor 15's and 1 x Cor 20.

Each Cor 15 is on its own eb832 (one eb832 is primary, secondary isn't used outside the Cor 15 so a standby). So skimmer and return pump. The Cor 20 is also a return line, longest plumbing, and plugged into its own wall outlet and circuit. This way I have redundancy with eb832's should something happen and return pump outside the Apex again for redundancy.

Best part is they all use the same plumbing so swapping out between any if one goes south is a 2 minute or less job. Great pumps outside that o-ring as you found out :)

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You mentioned Cor 20. What outlet are you using? I would recommend plugging the Cor 20 into a wall outlet and outside the Apex energybars. This way if something happens with the bar the Cor still runs. I run 2 x Cor 15's and 1 x Cor 20.

Each Cor 15 is on its own eb832 (one eb832 is primary, secondary isn't used outside the Cor 15 so a standby). So skimmer and return pump. The Cor 20 is also a return line, longest plumbing, and plugged into its own wall outlet and circuit. This way I have redundancy with eb832's should something happen and return pump outside the Apex again for redundancy.

Best part is they all use the same plumbing so swapping out between any if one goes south is a 2 minute or less job. Great pumps outside that o-ring as you found out :)
Right now it's plugged into the EB832, but I'm looking at a battery backup setup long term.

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here's my feed programming, but it's not working. The pump turns off when I toggle the feed button (I'm using a toggle box to trigger the VO's). I'm sure I'm missing something, but not sure what?
If Output vFeedA = ON Then 25
If Output vFeedD = ON Then 25
If Output vWaterChange = ON Then 0
This is under the "Advanced" tab in the COR20 Outlet.

Brett S

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's my feed programming, but it's not working. The pump turns off when I toggle the feed button (I'm using a toggle box to trigger the VO's). I'm sure I'm missing something, but not sure what?
If Output vFeedA = ON Then 25
If Output vFeedD = ON Then 25
If Output vWaterChange = ON Then 0
This is under the "Advanced" tab in the COR20 Outlet.

There should be more than that. Can you post the whole program from the advanced tab?

Also, are you sure the pump is actually turning off? It could be that 25% just isn’t enough to overcome the head pressure, so it might still be running, but with no water flow. Maybe try 60 instead of 25 and see if that makes a difference.

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's everything in the advanced tab under the gear icon.
Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 10.13.22 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-11 at 10.12.59 AM.png

OP
OP
minus9

minus9

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just figured it out. The outlet that the pump is plugged into for power had a line of code that made the pump shut off below 90%. Problem solved. I thought I had set it to fallback on, must've added that line of code during the setup?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back