Coral advice request: Red/Yellow ST Goniopora

Harrynice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I was recently gifted a frag of what I was told was a very hard to get short-tentacle goniopora.

I don't know much about this specific coral, and can't find any information about it. It seems to be OK resting on the substrate at the moment, but would love it if someone who knew something about this coral could provide some advice/guidance about how best to care for it!

20220201_122412.jpg

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if thats a goni then its completely closed up. Short tentacle goni takes a while to acclimate to a tank.

Mine likes medium+ light and medium+ flow, its higher up on my rockwork with the sps's under MH lights.

OP
OP
Harrynice

Harrynice

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if thats a goni then its completely closed up. Short tentacle goni takes a while to acclimate to a tank.

Mine likes medium+ light and medium+ flow, its higher up on my rockwork with the sps's under MH lights.

Thank you - I was told it was a short tentacle goniopora, but it doesn't look much like any I can find. I was told that it was quite rare though, and wouldn't find much info.

Guy at my LFS gave me this as a gift after he had fragged a larger piece, but I am pretty sure this is just what it looks like.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 27 27.8%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 33 34.0%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 16.5%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 18 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.1%

Back