Coral aestethics

Readywriter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im getting close to being able to get some corals in my tanks. Its been a long time since I had any and so much has changed. It is so hard for me to decide what corals Id like to go with this time around because all the pictures shown look like they were taken at a drug fueled dance party, and thats not what I want in my living room. And the coral variant names that might as well be marijuana strains isnt helping that at all. When exactly did all this start? It has me seriously entertaining just going with a xenia and macro infestation.

TX_REEF

Kessil Fanboy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A lot of the neon candy in windex aethetic comes from lighting and photo editing. If you run a fuller (white) spectrum on your lighting, you'll avoid a lot of this. A lot of folks turn the blues way up to create that neon rave effect. All personal choice!

fish farmer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im getting close to being able to get some corals in my tanks. Its been a long time since I had any and so much has changed. It is so hard for me to decide what corals Id like to go with this time around because all the pictures shown look like they were taken at a drug fueled dance party, and thats not what I want in my living room. And the coral variant names that might as well be marijuana strains isnt helping that at all. When exactly did all this start? It has me seriously entertaining just going with a xenia and macro infestation.
Just buy things you know are green. If it is pink or purple..... probably is flesh colored/brown under 10,000 k lighting.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 21 13.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 91 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.0%
Back