coral/anemone on crabs

alexytman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
303
Reaction score
109
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering is there a species (similar to pompom crab) where they carry anemones / corals and they actually live. I've heard decorator crabs cut off zoans but do the polys live or just die? I really want a moving tiny reef so please tell me anything ASAP thx ^^
 
Dardanus Pedunculatus. He will get pretty big,up to 4 inches.
 
I don't know enough about crabs to make a suggestion on which species, but I don't think anything that takes polyps of their rock and moves them around would be considered reef safe. Just something to consider.
You could always glue a couple of zoas to a hermit shell. Or even a small softy to a large snail shell and frag it when it gets too big :)
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 15.8%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new