coral/anemone on crabs

alexytman

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2017
Messages
303
Reaction score
109
What state or country do you live in
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering is there a species (similar to pompom crab) where they carry anemones / corals and they actually live. I've heard decorator crabs cut off zoans but do the polys live or just die? I really want a moving tiny reef so please tell me anything ASAP thx ^^
 
Dardanus Pedunculatus. He will get pretty big,up to 4 inches.
 
I don't know enough about crabs to make a suggestion on which species, but I don't think anything that takes polyps of their rock and moves them around would be considered reef safe. Just something to consider.
You could always glue a couple of zoas to a hermit shell. Or even a small softy to a large snail shell and frag it when it gets too big :)
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.9%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 30.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 7 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new