Coral Banded shrimp unpaired from each other!!!

Fin Jackson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
His guys,
I just picked up a mated pair of Coral Banded shrimp from my LFS, and they were fine when being acclimated in a bucket. After being drip acclimated for a few hours, I released them into my DT tank (80gallon), and they each swam off to a different corner of the tank. When the met in the middle, they just started fighting and going at it. Like full on. I caught the male and took him out, and his large claw is damaged. Is there any way to repair them without aggression. I know that once their partner dies they won't take on another mate, but he's still alive so I'm wondering if it's possible. If not I'll take him back to the LFS. (I watched them for about 10 minutes in the LFS and there was no aggression between them).

LacViet

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a female CBS first, then I was able to get a male from different lfs few days later. I wait till the female is gravid (green egg inside the body and almost ready to molt (the shell looks kind of dirty and opaque) then I introduce the male. They were paired up instantly. You might try the same. Keep the male in a small breeding box in the tank, and wait till the female is gravid and ready to molt, then release the male.

OP
OP
F

Fin Jackson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh the only thing that I'm worried about with that is the female seems to be attacking the smaller male, and he's not really doing much back but running away.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 38 24.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 47 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%

Back