Coral Beauty Hiding!

  • Thread starter Thread starter WRB
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

WRB

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 22, 2020
Messages
172
Reaction score
93
Location
San Diego
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a Coral beauty to my DT a couple weeks ago, used my regular acclamation process, was reclusive for about a day and then found food, friends and the rest of the tank (125g). Then yesterday I look and find hm hiding in his favorite cave and he won't venture out even for chow. This a.m he's hiding so well I can't find him.
No-one was pestering him that I know of and I'm not thrilled about upsetting the entire tank moving decor around to locate him. Even with the tank lights off and room lighting alone I'm not seeing him venture out to eat. Day 2 of not seeing him eat like a pig.
By all measure before this he was an exceptional addition. Any ideas?
 
My purple tang been doing the same thing for 4 weeks although he does leave the cave for 2 seconds to grab food
 
I'd be fine if I knew he was sneaking food, especially since he was eating and socilizing so well 48 hrs ago. :(
 
Well I couldn't take it and move a couple pieces of decore, thought I got lucky because he darted across the tank and hid again. Walked away only to come back and he was out in the open lying on his side.
I have him in a quarantine tank, no obvious issues but breathing fast and appears to have balance issues. No injuries and colors are good. Internal Parasites?
This is a fish only tank and water parameters and other occupants are acting normal and eating, and then acting like they haven't been fed!
My Semi-circle angel was the one who picked on him for half a day weeks ago, everyone else acted like they were besties or he didn't esist at all.
So frustrating.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.4%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 17 28.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 32.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new