Coral bleaching?

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What salt are you using ?

I personally prefer alk closer to nsw levels .
I maintain my alk at 7.5 dkh
5 ppm nitrate
.03-.05 phosphate
425 cal

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would switching coral foods make a difference? I've been feeding 5ml of Red Sea Reef Energy Plus Coral Nutrition AB+ on a daily basis.
Maybe? Part of the challenge is figuring out what works for your system. I dose amino acids several times a week. I also feed heavily with various sized pellets and sps/lps fine particle food as well as chop up frozen mysis blocks and use oyster feast etc. My tanks have very few fish to no fish. Primarily snails, corals, hermits and various other cuc. So I feed heavily multiple times a week for the corals to catch particle food. My LPS always look better when they are catching food to eat on a regular basis.

OP
OP
King_Acidic

King_Acidic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe? Part of the challenge is figuring out what works for your system. I dose amino acids several times a week. I also feed heavily with various sized pellets and sps/lps fine particle food as well as chop up frozen mysis blocks and use oyster feast etc. My tanks have very few fish to no fish. Primarily snails, corals, hermits and various other cuc. So I feed heavily multiple times a week for the corals to catch particle food. My LPS always look better when they are catching food to eat on a regular basis.
I'll definitely have to try that. Is there really any nutritional difference between mysis and brine shrimp?

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll definitely have to try that. Is there really any nutritional difference between mysis and brine shrimp?
I believe reading something awhile ago mysis has more nutrients but they are treats . Have been compared to McDonald’s as a stable nutritious meal

OP
OP
King_Acidic

King_Acidic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll pick up some mysis shrimp flats and switch from the brine shrimp. I can also add to my pellet feedings. Should I also up the dosage of reef energy or switch to something like reef roids?

Shirak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never used reef energy so can't say on that one. I have heard reef roids are high in phosphate. I wouldn't go too crazy. Maybe just try target feeding the LPS a couple times a week with some pellets or chopped mysis. Many of them will respond better to feeding after lights out for an hour or so.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 95 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back