Coral Box Quiet Pump - any experience?

ThunderGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a Jebao pump from Amazon and they sent a Coral Box instead. The seller claims it's an "upgrade." Anyone have any experience with these? I haven't seen a lot of reviews on-line and I'm trying to decide whether to keep it or return it. Thanks.

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my QP-9 pumps in from reefbreeders. The big upgrade was they the pumps would sync and anti-sync. Turns out that they really don't sync well at all. I am pretty disappointed as I replaced some other Jebao pumps that are nearly exactly the same. I guess I have backup pumps now! I guess I will have to figure out how to control them with the Gen2 Cerebra when they finally ship out.

FirstContact

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered a Jebao pump from Amazon and they sent a Coral Box instead. The seller claims it's an "upgrade." Anyone have any experience with these? I haven't seen a lot of reviews on-line and I'm trying to decide whether to keep it or return it. Thanks.
I'd complain to Amazon and ask for my money back just because it was not what I ordered. Even though, it is basically the same pump with minor upgrades like the LED controller. But it won't work with the Jebao to Apex adapter.

OP
OP
ThunderGoose

ThunderGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept the Coral Box and I have to admit it's very, very quiet. The controller is easy to use; I like the options for different types of flow.

I haven't tried syncing and I don't have an Apex so I can't speak to that.

Kyl

And how does it feel like, to wake up in the sun
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd complain to Amazon and ask for my money back just because it was not what I ordered. Even though, it is basically the same pump with minor upgrades like the LED controller. But it won't work with the Jebao to Apex adapter.
Yeah was going to pull the trigger on two QP-9's but they will not work with a simple harness for 0-10v control.

hollback

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Any idea how to fix this? I have a QP 16 and it won't work on the Apex harness I made for the previous pump.

columbo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I replaced a Jebao PP20 with this one. The Jebao output could be controlled to something like 10-20% of the max output. That was like going from very gentle flow to a tropical storm. I can't tell if anything changes on the QP16 going from 1 to 9. Also, again comparing it to the Jebao with a similar rating, I can't believe for a second that QP16 puts out 16,000L

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back