Coral Box WiFi Dosing Pump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

kinetic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the check valves will keep the plumbing from getting air bubbles?

I was thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these, but that seems really strange.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the check valves will keep the plumbing from getting air bubbles?

I was thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these, but that seems really strange.

If the end of the airline tubing on the output side is not submerged, it is possible for the tubes to drain- note OUTPUT side only- this isn't a siphon- it's literally just the air coming in from that end of the line and replacing some of the liquid- this can happen on any brand of dosing pump. This amounts to less than 1ml of fluid in most cases- and only the amount that was already programmed to be dispensed makes it to the tank. We have tested this- the dosing amount does not change at all if the line has air bubbles or does not- and submerging the lines after they are primed stops air bubbles from occurring in the first place.

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am always in my downstairs living around between 6:45 and 7am. My coral box doser is set to dose the first dose at 7am. Over the course of the last month I’ve noticed the dose happening earlier. The time on the doser does not keep up with current time. Not a big issue, and you can sync it by opening the app and pressing the refresh button at the top right.

74359116-C1D1-4DC4-88C7-C366D8286D85.png

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I synced the doser on a Tuesday morning- nearly a week later and it is 2 minutes faster.

E8A475FB-DBF5-4982-A7D1-FF1D846BD011.png

reeferfoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the end of the airline tubing on the output side is not submerged, it is possible for the tubes to drain- note OUTPUT side only- this isn't a siphon- it's literally just the air coming in from that end of the line and replacing some of the liquid- this can happen on any brand of dosing pump. This amounts to less than 1ml of fluid in most cases- and only the amount that was already programmed to be dispensed makes it to the tank. We have tested this- the dosing amount does not change at all if the line has air bubbles or does
not- and submerging the lines after they are primed stops air bubbles from occurring in the first place.
Hi Logan,

If we keep the dosing pump below the tank and dose directly upwards into a display, should the output line be submerged? Also with the lines being submerged, it might mask any back siphoning and/or alk + ca precipitation build up on the output line?
If the end of the airline tubing on the output side is not submerged, it is possible for the tubes to drain- note OUTPUT side only- this isn't a siphon- it's literally just the air coming in from that end of the line and replacing some of the liquid
If the pump heads rollers were creating enough pressure on the tubing, no back siphon or air bubbles should occur. It's like capping a straw with your finger from a fountain drink. It only leaks if the straw is agitated.
the dosing amount does not change at all if the line has air bubbles or does not
Mind explaining this? Coral box claims this doser has the accuracy of *0.2ml. Often times an air bubble can be just about that amount. Is it safe to say I could calibrate the doser with air bubbles through the output line? Or should I clear the bubbles before I calibrate?

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A week later, time drifting faster. This is just an FYI - it’s a simple fix by syncing the doser. I still recommend the doser!

B94A01EF-6A7E-462D-8F39-76C4A9F29C88.png

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A week later, time drifting faster. This is just an FYI - it’s a simple fix by syncing the doser. I still recommend the doser!

Keep an eye on this- if it starts drifting more than a few minutes a day I will replace it. The time should stay in sync.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Logan,

If we keep the dosing pump below the tank and dose directly upwards into a display, should the output line be submerged? Also with the lines being submerged, it might mask any back siphoning and/or alk + ca precipitation build up on the output line?

If the pump heads rollers were creating enough pressure on the tubing, no back siphon or air bubbles should occur. It's like capping a straw with your finger from a fountain drink. It only leaks if the straw is agitated.

Mind explaining this? Coral box claims this doser has the accuracy of *0.2ml. Often times an air bubble can be just about that amount. Is it safe to say I could calibrate the doser with air bubbles through the output line? Or should I clear the bubbles before I calibrate?

The line should stay primed- but a checkvalve will help.

These do have pressure on them from the dosing heads at 3 points at all times. However- the pressure that can be exerted on silicon tubing has a limit. As a result of this, if you have an extreme, say 6-8 feet of high height differential between the aquarium and the dosing containers, the resulting pressure may lead to a very slow backflow from the aquarium. That's why we include check valves. We recommend keeping the dosing chemicals and the water you are dosing into (sump, aquarium, etc.) at relatively the same height. That eliminates the chance of backflow and reduces air bubbles in the lines.

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got this doser and I can’t get it to connect to my home Wi Fi. My home network doesn’t show up on the said list and when I put it in manually it still will not work. Anyone have any idea what’s going on.

I didn’t have any issues. Maybe reset the doser?

When you select connect and “join home network” it takes a second to populate. But it should pull your wireless network, if not get closer to the wireless router.

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Update BUMP... Im looking for a WiFi based doser and ran across this model.
How are you liking it after a few months of use?
Pros, Cons

tyvm

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pros, Cons

tyvm

Feedback has been good- the only issues I have seen as the USA distributor tend to come from improper setup, ie placing the dosing chemicals above the doser rather than below, or putting too much pressure on the dosing head, for example dosing into a tank 5 feet higher than where the dosing chemicals are located. When used in their recommended operating range and properly setup, these dosing pumps have proven to be real contenders in accurate and reliable aquarium dosing.

The pumps in our latest shipment include a spare dosing head, which is also beefed up a little bit with thicker tubing and connectors for improved reliability.

jhatfield

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pros, Cons

tyvm
Really liking mine so far. It's been a few trouble free months since switching from the Jebao dosing pumps which were all over the place with the dosages. Super easy to adjust. Unlike a few other dosers I only need to enter the total daily dose and how many times a day I want it to dose and it takes care of the math. This makes it super easy to keep alk, cal and mg stable and to make small adjustments when needed.

West1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Feedback has been good- the only issues I have seen as the USA distributor tend to come from improper setup, ie placing the dosing chemicals above the doser rather than below, or putting too much pressure on the dosing head, for example dosing into a tank 5 feet higher than where the dosing chemicals are located. When used in their recommended operating range and properly setup, these dosing pumps have proven to be real contenders in accurate and reliable aquarium dosing.

The pumps in our latest shipment include a spare dosing head, which is also beefed up a little bit with thicker tubing and connectors for improved reliability.

Thanks for the info.

When do you expect more dosers in stock?

Dr. Reef

www.drreefsquarantinedfish.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys can some one tell if the app works locally in your house over wifi or can this doser be programmed/settings changed from say at work using 4g/Lte. like apex fusion can be accessed/changed from anywhere in the world as long as you have internet.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 24 28.6%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back