Coral Box WiFi Dosing Pump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DmitryD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can already see from your original pump that the pump heads them self are letting the air into the line that feeds to your tank. I just bought mine 2 weeks ago and set it up. Had it set up to dose 25 ml which is 10 more then the BRS pumps were going to get my levels back up to par. Levels were still dropping! just upped it to 35ml yesterday. Now looking at the pump tubes in the day light, you can see there is a huge air bubble going from the pump heads in to line that goes to the sump. Very disappointed about this. Air bubbles in the tube mess up the dosage mls and can never keep it accurate. will be returning mine if i can.

DmitryD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can already see from your original pump that the pump heads them self are letting the air into the line that feeds to your tank. I just bought mine 2 weeks ago and set it up. Had it set up to dose 25 ml which is 10 more then the BRS pumps were going to get my levels back up to par. Levels were still dropping! just upped it to 35ml yesterday. Now looking at the pump tubes in the day light, you can see there is a huge air bubble going from the pump heads in to line that goes to the sump. Very disappointed about this. Air bubbles in the tube mess up the dosage mls and can never keep it accurate. will be returning mine if i can.

Merv49

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you calibrate your pump. The suction line with check valve is a sealed line and very hard to draw air into. Not sure how you’re getting air into your lines.

gone_phishin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i woke up this morning to my coral box repeatedly beeping every second, with a green/red LED flashing. i am assuming this is an alarm, but what does it mean?

i have plenty of fluid in the reservoir. and even after i hold the button on the side down to reset it, it still beeps

a couple quick searches online aren’t finding anything

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i woke up this morning to my coral box repeatedly beeping every second, with a green/red LED flashing. i am assuming this is an alarm, but what does it mean?

i have plenty of fluid in the reservoir. and even after i hold the button on the side down to reset it, it still beeps

a couple quick searches online aren’t finding anything

I am sorry to hear that! Did you check your app- if you programmed a number into the fluid volume and forgot to update it when you refilled your dosing containers, it may be causing the alarm to go off.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tubing - http://amzn.to/2BNPXFA

Check valves - http://amzn.to/2iIb1pw

I am not seeing air in my lines, I have the output end submerged in my sump. The submerged lines are probably hard to see in the image. I had the extra check valves so I put them on the output lines, that may very well be helping keep the air out.

IMG_1298.JPG

Hey, im thinking of ordering this doser. Would you still recommend it? Also, how did these check valves and this tubing work out for you in the long run? Is this tubing 1/8 ID tubing? Thanks!

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, im thinking of ordering this doser. Would you still recommend it? Also, how did these check valves and this tubing work out for you in the long run? Is this tubing 1/8 ID tubing? Thanks!

Not sure on the tubing size! I got rid of the doser awhile back, it worked just fine & I had no issues with it. I like to tinker and I wanted to try out the Neptune DOS! No doubt in my mind if I had the coral box doser still it would be performing as it should!

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Not sure on the tubing size! I got rid of the doser awhile back, it worked just fine & I had no issues with it. I like to tinker and I wanted to try out the Neptune DOS! No doubt in my mind if I had the coral box doser still it would be performing as it should!
Thanks, did you use that exact tubing you posted? I need to run a little extra tubing and i dont think it will come with enough....

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, did you use that exact tubing you posted? I need to run a little extra tubing and i dont think it will come with enough....

I did use that exact tubing.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes! They are technically air check valves but yes try those on both the input and output side and see if that helps.
Thanks. One more question! Is 2 feet of tubing from dosing container to pump and 3-3.5 feet from pump to tank acceptable for this little pump?

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. One more question! Is 2 feet of tubing from dosing container to pump and 3-3.5 feet from pump to tank acceptable for this little pump?

Absolutely, that's well within this pump's range. I have seen them pump up 6 feet- but of course less tubing puts less stress on the dosing heads.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Afternoon,

I’m setting up my doser now. Questions

1. Should I buy those check valves that are orange that amazon sells or area your just fine?

2. Do I need the output lines submerged in the sump water or can they he hanging with the tub holder clip above the water. Should I be concerned of a siphon issue if submerged ?

Thanks

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely use the check valves , mine are on the end of the output line .. I don’t have mine in the water .. I do recalibrate the doser everytime I refill

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definitely use the check valves , mine are on the end of the output line .. I don’t have mine in the water .. I do recalibrate the doser everytime I refill

Ok. So why use the check valve on the output when I see people using them from the input line?

Also the check valves that come with it are crap is my understanding? So I should use the ones from amazon?

Jason mack

Monti madness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use the ones that came with it without issues .. most people I know have them on the ends of the output because there’s less chance of it sucking air back in , I believe

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
E636C594-3AD3-45BD-8D99-1507C7982096.jpeg

I’m only dosing calk and alk. I don’t think I need to manually does mag it doesn’t change much.

Also, do I need to hook up all pumps or just the ones I’m using?

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 41 36.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 33 29.5%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 27 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back