Coral Box WiFi Dosing Pump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, definitely! The position of the pump does not matter so much as the position of the dosing chemicals.

A siphon can only form if the input water level is higher than the output, since it is gravity driven.

Your pump is still lower than the output, however even if it wasn't a siphon would still not be an issue.

Do you know if the mechanical aspects are the same as in the DP4? The motor/heads. I am wondering whether to expect more accuracy, or just a more user-friendly programming experience.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, definitely! The position of the pump does not matter so much as the position of the dosing chemicals.

A siphon can only form if the input water level is higher than the output, since it is gravity driven.

Your pump is still lower than the output, however even if it wasn't a siphon would still not be an issue.
Awesome! Im super excited about this doser. So far im impressed with its build quality and size. I ordered some of those different style check valves off amazon and used hot water to soften the tubing to get them on air tight. So far it looks promising. Next step is to calibrate. Can i calibrate it with it setup on my bench top rather than in its final location as long as the length of tubing stays the same? I want to calibrate it before moving it into place at the tank. Also i was going to use rodi water to calibrate. Is that suffient? I would rather deal with water than chemicals prepping it?

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Im super excited about this doser. So far im impressed with its build quality and size. I ordered some of those different style check valves off amazon and used hot water to soften the tubing to get them on air tight. So far it looks promising. Next step is to calibrate. Can i calibrate it with it setup on my bench top rather than in its final location as long as the length of tubing stays the same? I want to calibrate it before moving it into place at the tank. Also i was going to use rodi water to calibrate. Is that suffient? I would rather deal with water than chemicals prepping it?

We recommend using the same chemicals you intend to dose, with the unit in place before calibration. Changes in head height and viscosity may affect the calibration.

However, it is not imperative that you calibrate like that. These dosers don't have to be 100% accurate to the ml, they just have to be consistent, and calibrating them in your workshop won't affect their consistency.

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know if the mechanical aspects are the same as in the DP4? The motor/heads. I am wondering whether to expect more accuracy, or just a more user-friendly programming experience.

The motors appear similar to the DP4, but only on the outside. I haven't opened the actual motor housing to compare.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
IMG_1260.PNG
@Reef Breeders

Can you confirm that i have this understood correctly. Alk will be dosed on the hour and Cal will be dosed on the half hour for each time that i select, right? So if i swipe 00:00 on for both Alk and Cal that would be dosing Alk at midnight followed by Cal at 12:30 right? Thanks!

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1260.PNG
@Reef Breeders

Can you confirm that i have this understood correctly. Alk will be dosed on the hour and Cal will be dosed on the half hour for each time that i select, right? So if i swipe 00:00 on for both Alk and Cal that would be dosing Alk at midnight followed by Cal at 12:30 right? Thanks!

Yes, that is correct! the :30 denotes a 30 minute offset on each hour.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, that is correct! the :30 denotes a 30 minute offset on each hour.

Ever experience the dosing container lid becoming vacuumed shut? I have to leave the lid half off of the container so it can breathe otherwise it was sealing shut and the pump would struggle to run because all my lines are air tight...

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ever experience the dosing container lid becoming vacuumed shut? I have to leave the lid half off of the container so it can breathe otherwise it was sealing shut and the pump would struggle to run because all my lines are air tight...
@Reef Breeders
Also im having trouble with the dosing container. The acrylic tube is not air tight on two of the sections causing a few bubbles to sneek into the lines from time to time. I was able to pull the tube out and push it into the nipple and that helped reduce it but still have some air sneaking by. Should i seal around the acrylic tube with silicone or super glue? Getting a little frustrated as i spend all weekend diagnosing it. Luckily my alk is running perfect so i dont have to worry about that...

Last edited:

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Reef Breeders
Also im having trouble with the dosing container. The acrylic tube is not air tight on two of the sections causing a few bubbles to sneek into the lines from time to time. I was able to pull the tube out and push it into the nipple and that helped reduce it but still have some air sneaking by. Should i seal around the acrylic tube with silicone or super glue? Getting a little frustrated as i spend all weekend diagnosing it. Luckily my alk is running perfect so i dont have to worry about that...
How much is a little air? Occasional bubble or more?

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How much is a little air? Occasional bubble or more?
Well last night i thought i had it fixed. All day sunday it was sucking enough to have the line unprime itself. I pulled it apart after watching it run carefully and pushed the rod into the nipple tighter. I reprimed and calibrated and it was perfect. This morning there was sparatic bubbles but not too much too cause that much of an issue. It was deffinitely still fully primed.... its just frustrating because the Alk line is flawless and i havent seen a single air bubble in it yet.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some superglue always helps fix acrylic on acrylic air leaks ;)

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I ended up doing this... works great now.

this is fantastic. I just need to figure out where to mount my dosing pump. I think it's got to be higher than the tubing in the sump since I have no way to do it lower.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
this is fantastic. I just need to figure out where to mount my dosing pump. I think it's got to be higher than the tubing in the sump since I have no way to do it lower.

Ya my doser is working great. I did not cheap out on the check valves though. I spent like $10 a piece on the John Guest ones...

pdiehm

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya my doser is working great. I did not cheap out on the check valves though. I spent like $10 a piece on the John Guest ones...

I got em on ebay, 3 for $17 or something.

gotta figure out if I want them on the intake or near the output in the sump.

aros

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Keep an eye on this- if it starts drifting more than a few minutes a day I will replace it. The time should stay in sync.

Mine is actually off by hours. Should I bring it back to my supplier?

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I got em on ebay, 3 for $17 or something.

gotta figure out if I want them on the intake or near the output in the sump.
You got the John Guest ones on ebay or the other kind?

I put mine 6 inches after my resouvior. Working flawless!

Zeal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the only difference between this and the Jabeo doser is that it’s WiFi?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back