Coral Box WiFi Dosing Pump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did super glue the ends to the dosing container. But i also put the check valves 6 inches from the container. That way if i need to disconect the container i can do it at the check valve. Ill try and take a pic later showing how i did it...

So I’m having a problem. The alk stops pumping. I tried moving the doser head around then I replaced the head. Still not working. Then I move it to #3 to see if it’s the doser itself. No solution.

When I run it it’s pulls from the solution container I can see it go up to clear tube but it’s very very slow and then nothing comes out . Is it because I did not super glue the solution side?

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I tried the RO tubing thing and it looked great but definitively had a small leak on most connections. I didn't want to superglue so I went back to the included tubing and check valves with no problems.

Can you read my last post. Is that the problem you had like I am? I just don’t want to super glue to the catainer

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, I fixed it...

I did want to super glue the RO line to my solution box. I replaced that side with the silicon hose that came with it. Our new niples on and connected to solution box.

I kept the RO line and RO check value on the output side. It now pumps and I calibrated it. Hope it continues to stay calibrated .

Unfortunately my alk went from 8 to 6.9 during this issue.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, I fixed it...

I did want to super glue the RO line to my solution box. I replaced that side with the silicon hose that came with it. Our new niples on and connected to solution box.

I kept the RO line and RO check value on the output side. It now pumps and I calibrated it. Hope it continues to stay calibrated .

Unfortunately my alk went from 8 to 6.9 during this issue.

Honestly man, IMO you should just glue the ro tubing to the container and do yourself a favor. Mine has been flawless. I even went as far as unscrewing the bulkhead from the container and running a bead of glue around the acrylic tube where it meets the bulkhead. I know my entire system is air tight. Believe me, i didnt want to super glue anything when i bought this but i tried the silicone tubing and those other air style check valves for 2 weeks and it was crashing my tank. In the end i was either going to just break down and buy a neptune dos or superglue it. I figured it couldnt hurt to try and im glad i did it. My alk and cal are rock solid now... there is absolutely NO air getting into my tubing...

ibob991

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Honestly man, IMO you should just glue the ro tubing to the container and do yourself a favor. Mine has been flawless. I even went as far as unscrewing the bulkhead from the container and running a bead of glue around the acrylic tube where it meets the bulkhead. I know my entire system is air tight. Believe me, i didnt want to super glue anything when i bought this but i tried the silicone tubing and those other air style check valves for 2 weeks and it was crashing my tank. In the end i was either going to just break down and buy a neptune dos or superglue it. I figured it couldnt hurt to try and im glad i did it. My alk and cal are rock solid now... there is absolutely NO air getting into my tubing...

I am going to try this super glue method this week when all my supplies come in. Can you post a quick video of how you glued the solution side?

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Well, the silicon tubing should be fine. But when I run the doser let’s say at 4.00ml I get like .5 then I do it again and I get 2.00 . Then again and it’s around 4. If I calibrate it to 10mil then I get 10mil after that. Why when I do it the next day the ml comes out so short? Is that air in the line or where I have my check valve near the output it’s draining from there? Idk. Would like to resolve this as fast as possible.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
BF2C056F-07C8-429D-9EEF-C10044C2B763.jpeg
E2857BF5-2FFD-461D-A418-4EA12D74A8F2.jpeg
Well, the silicon tubing should be fine. But when I run the doser let’s say at 4.00ml I get like .5 then I do it again and I get 2.00 . Then again and it’s around 4. If I calibrate it to 10mil then I get 10mil after that. Why when I do it the next day the ml comes out so short? Is that air in the line or where I have my check valve near the output it’s draining from there? Idk. Would like to resolve this as fast as possible.
Your getting air. Heres how i did mine. Had to put glue around the acrylic. It was pulling air in from there as well.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BF2C056F-07C8-429D-9EEF-C10044C2B763.jpeg
E2857BF5-2FFD-461D-A418-4EA12D74A8F2.jpeg

Your getting air. Heres how i did mine. Had to put glue around the acrylic. It was pulling air in from there as well.

Ok, I re did it again. I glued just as you did. Working now but hope it stay calibrated. So tomorrow I hit 5ml and use my calibration cup it should give me 5ml right? Any lees or more again then it’s a leak?

Thanks

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok, I re did it again. I glued just as you did. Working now but hope it stay calibrated. So tomorrow I hit 5ml and use my calibration cup it should give me 5ml right? Any lees or more again then it’s a leak?

Thanks
Did you put a bead of glue around the acrylic tubing as well?

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you put a bead of glue around the acrylic tubing as well?
I pulled the tubbing out and glued then pressed back in just as I did with the nipple. Only nipple I did not glue was the one connected to the silicon on the head itself. The RO tub was glued to the nipple

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still having problems, this time I think its the doser head. I can turn on the unit and run it for 1 minute with nothing. Then I pull the silicon tubbing back and forth on the doser head and it starts working. I had to do that the past few days. Ugh...

Now my alk is down to 7 and some of my lsp seem to be retracking..

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still having problems, this time I think its the doser head. I can turn on the unit and run it for 1 minute with nothing. Then I pull the silicon tubbing back and forth on the doser head and it starts working. I had to do that the past few days. Ugh...

Now my alk is down to 7 and some of my lsp seem to be retracking..

Id try running it with the stock tubing and making sure its all the way over the nipple on the pump head to at least rule that out.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Id try running it with the stock tubing and making sure its all the way over the nipple on the pump head to at least rule that out.

It’s over the pump nipple. I think it’s the pump. Maybe it’s the spinner on the doser.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I got home I hit 2ml and the calc came out . I did it on the alk side I’m having an issue with and nothing. I had to run it for 10 seconds. I think the head is losing its prime?

Any help @Reef Breeders

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I got home I hit 2ml and the calc came out . I did it on the alk side I’m having an issue with and nothing. I had to run it for 10 seconds. I think the head is losing its prime?

Any help @Reef Breeders

Are their any air bubbles in the line? Any hardened dosing precipitate around the fittings?

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are their any air bubbles in the line? Any hardened dosing precipitate around the fittings?

I’m using 1/4” RO line. I can’t see the air. I see no precipitation around the fittings.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I got home and ran it for 4ml and alk
Came out. I calibrated yesterday at 10 and now today it’s at 9.6 so I recalibrated it again to 10. Is it normal for it to fluctuate?

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 175 67.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back