Coral Box WiFi Dosing Pump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OnPointCorals

Premier Aquaculture SPS Boutique
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey all. I am setting mine up now. What side does the check valve go on? Are you guys using the included check valves or are better ones required to be purchased?

The included tubing looks to be a bit smaller than standard airline tubing. Can I use standard or if I need more do I have to buy some of this small stuff?

Thanks for the help.

Ktran350

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all. I am setting mine up now. What side does the check valve go on? Are you guys using the included check valves or are better ones required to be purchased?

The included tubing looks to be a bit smaller than standard airline tubing. Can I use standard or if I need more do I have to buy some of this small stuff?

Thanks for the help.

I upgraded to standard 1/4 line and bought 4 better check valves. I put the check valves that come with the dosing pump between the dosing pump and containers and placed my upgraded check valves on the output of the lines.

Last edited:

OnPointCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No issue using standard airline tubing? I like the high grade soft blue silicone stuff? I was going to buy a roll of it but then noticed this tubing that comes with it looks smaller.

OnPointCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Also are these check valves def needed? I been using the Jebao doser for the last 2 years and never needed a check valve.

Ktran350

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope the standard lines fit fine. I just used the regular clear lines. I actually superglued my connections. So far so good haven’t lost the prime or anything. Not sure if the check valves are required but I’d rather be safe than sorry so I did install them + additional upgraded check valves. I rather spend the extra time putting them in than to find out later down the road my parameters are out of whack.

Ktran350

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I bought them from a LFS. Here is a picture of it.
5E9B9F4D-1F38-4F84-B525-14E9A33A83B9.jpeg
BE21B18E-3268-4AA0-8D9C-995A514B6A56.jpeg

Merv49

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I upgraded to standard 1/4 line and bought 4 better check valves. I put the check valves that come with the dosing pump between the dosing pump and containers and placed my upgraded check valves on the output of the lines.
I’ve been using my pump for nine months with no issues at all. My pump and my dosing point are both above my dosing containers. I use the supplied check valves. Works just fine. I check the calibration about every three months and find the pumps hold accuracy very well.

OnPointCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’ve been using my pump for nine months with no issues at all. My pump and my dosing point are both above my dosing containers. I use the supplied check valves. Works just fine. I check the calibration about every three months and find the pumps hold accuracy very well.

Where did you put the check valves? What side of the pump head?

OnPointCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
E2976E08-F357-494E-A0A0-680EB8E53490.jpeg

The check valves are on the suction line between the pump and the dosing containers.

Doh. Everyone says something different. Reef Breeders dude said to put them between dosing pump and output. I don’t know what side to put it on.

OnPointCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I replaced the head again but I used the silicon and the other container to the far right. It’s now holding its prime. Ether it was the head or a leak somewhere. Now I hope it stays consistent:)

How did it end up working for you? Mine is losing its prime everyday also.

OnPointCorals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How old is the pump? How are you using the check valves? Have you reached out to reef breeders?

I’m bought it about 4 months ago. New build finally up and running and just starting to use the doser.

I have the check valves between doser and the dosing line (as per Logan). I haven’t reached out to reefbreeders yet as this is my third day having it setup. I calibrate it then the next day I need to run it for 10 second before liquid comes out and even after that the calibration is way off.

OP
OP
pelphrey

pelphrey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m bought it about 4 months ago. New build finally up and running and just starting to use the doser.

I have the check valves between doser and the dosing line (as per Logan). I haven’t reached out to reefbreeders yet as this is my third day having it setup. I calibrate it then the next day I need to run it for 10 second before liquid comes out and even after that the calibration is way off.

I’d start communication with him so at a minimum he aware. Especially if this is happening on multiple heads.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did it end up working for you? Mine is losing its prime everyday also.
It’s holding. I had to seal it up again and I used the silicon line for one side and the hard 1/4” RO tube for the other. It’s working. I calibrate it every 2 weeks to check.

mnml

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the dosing heads (CH2) on my doser stopped working. If I set it to manual or try to calibrate, I hear a clicking sound but it won't spin the pump. Tried re-seating the dosing head but unsuccesful. Replaced the dosing head with the spare but that didn't work either.

Any suggestions on what else I can do to try and fix the issue?

Reef Breeders

ReefBreeders.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of the dosing heads (CH2) on my doser stopped working. If I set it to manual or try to calibrate, I hear a clicking sound but it won't spin the pump. Tried re-seating the dosing head but unsuccesful. Replaced the dosing head with the spare but that didn't work either.

Any suggestions on what else I can do to try and fix the issue?

If it clicks but doesn't come on in the manual mode, pm me your order number. We have a replacement part we can send for that.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back