Coral Box WiFi Dosing Pump

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Nick30G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How good is this doser? Do it really need wifi?
Been running one for a year now on my tank. First dosing pump I have ever owned and so far its given me no issues since setup. It technically does not need to be on a wifi network but is recommend for ease of use, it will broadcast its own wifi network that you connect directly to to change settings on it, but if you connect it to your wifi network you dont have to connect to the dosing pumps wifi network every time you want to change a setting. I recommend installing the included check valves on the end of the dosing lines to prevent bubbles from getting into the lines. So far quite happy with it!

zzl630

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else having problem losing prime from the doser head? I have my tubing all the way in with the connector and have it ziptied. Any other recommendations?

Eryeal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else having problem losing prime from the doser head? I have my tubing all the way in with the connector and have it ziptied. Any other recommendations?

Did you install the upgraded check valves on both ends? That's what did it for me - always lost prime before I did that. After I installed the upgraded check valves, it's been rock solid for months. Calibration is always perfect, never have had to adjust.

zzl630

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you install the upgraded check valves on both ends? That's what did it for me - always lost prime before I did that. After I installed the upgraded check valves, it's been rock solid for months. Calibration is always perfect, never have had to adjust.
I installed the clear check valves came withe unit 2" before the output tubing end but not on the inlet side. what's the upgraded check valve looks like?

zzl630

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just saw it. Is there any difference between the orange tubing and clear tubing? anyone using their container with their tubing?

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so having owned this thing for 9 months or so, i massively regret buying it. it is by far my most worthless piece of equipment

don't be cheap, get a real dosing pump. the wifi barely works for it, it has never been able to connect to my home wifi so i have to sit there messing with connecting directly to the app, most of the time it rejects the password and just won't connect. the app sucks, 2 of the 4 heads on the doser now don't work. the only plus side is it hasn't gotten stuck on and nuked my tank

i wouldn't even feel good selling it on offerup for $40 to someone knowing what a piece of junk this thing is

Eryeal

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so having owned this thing for 9 months or so, i massively regret buying it. it is by far my most worthless piece of equipment

don't be cheap, get a real dosing pump. the wifi barely works for it, it has never been able to connect to my home wifi so i have to sit there messing with connecting directly to the app, most of the time it rejects the password and just won't connect. the app sucks, 2 of the 4 heads on the doser now don't work. the only plus side is it hasn't gotten stuck on and nuked my tank

i wouldn't even feel good selling it on offerup for $40 to someone knowing what a piece of junk this thing is

It seems it's very YMMV. Ever since installing the check valves, mine has been rock solid. It's never had an issue connecting to Wifi once, and never gone out of calibration. My aquarium service contact recommends solely this model to his clients and is very familiar with them.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems it's very YMMV. Ever since installing the check valves, mine has been rock solid. It's never had an issue connecting to Wifi once, and never gone out of calibration. My aquarium service contact recommends solely this model to his clients and is very familiar with them.

it definitely seems that way as there are other good reviews out there. i just can't say that has been my experience

Bryknicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is very YMMV based on the reviews and my experience. With that said, I'll buy yours for $40 if your selling ;Greedy

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m still using mine, which was purchased May of 2017, without issue. I replaced the doser heads a few months ago from the originals. I probably should have replaced the heads yearly, but was too lazy to do so. I only run a few ml of dosing solution daily though, which may explain why it has lasted so long.

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is very YMMV based on the reviews and my experience. With that said, I'll buy yours for $40 if your selling ;Greedy

heh, well i'm only dosing alk/calcium now so we'll see. can't say i really want to go back to hand dosing and don't really want to buy another doser atm so kinda hoping the stupid thing just works for awhile

SoAg Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, dumb question. I'm setting my dosing pump up and bought the upgraded check valves. What side is the top and bottom? They have a red side and clear side. Which way do I install them? Red side down towards the sump or up towards to pump?

zzl630

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, dumb question. I'm setting my dosing pump up and bought the upgraded check valves. What side is the top and bottom? They have a red side and clear side. Which way do I install them? Red side down towards the sump or up towards to pump?
blow it one side, air won't go through if it's backwards

Bryknicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It comes with tubing. I switched out to RO tubing so I could use upgraded check valves. IMG_0829.jpg

Bryknicks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is RO tubing larger than what comes with it?
What was needed to upgrade it?

Beautifully displayed system, BTW.
Thanks! I cannot recall what the tubing they sent was but it was very close. RO tubing is 1/4" so all I needed to buy was 1/4" bulk heads to fit the voss bottle top and the upgraded 1/4" check valves which I believe were john guest valves. I superglues the connection at the dosing unit itself to prevent air from entering. Set up this way has been spot on for me.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 38 50.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 40 52.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • None.

Votes: 19 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.2%
Back