Coral closed

finley

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just looked over at my tank and realised that the gap still hasn’t opened, and the hammer has just closed. I put the GSP on the wall about 8 hours ago, and I moved the hammer to slightly higher up in the tank about 8 hours ago. The GSP opened fine when it was in thr sand bed on thr frag plug, and the hammer opened up fine for the last 7 hours, it’s just in this last hour it’s closed. Anyone know why GSP won’t open and why hammer has just randomly closed .

Reefkeepers Archive

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just looked over at my tank and realised that the gap still hasn’t opened, and the hammer has just closed. I put the GSP on the wall about 8 hours ago, and I moved the hammer to slightly higher up in the tank about 8 hours ago. The GSP opened fine when it was in thr sand bed on thr frag plug, and the hammer opened up fine for the last 7 hours, it’s just in this last hour it’s closed. Anyone know why GSP won’t open and why hammer has just randomly closed .
If you moved them they will stay closed for 1-2 days, they also close right before the lights go off

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
corals randomly close for an hour or so, sometimes for a day or even a couple of days. If everything in the tank is fine and nothing has been changed, the best policy is to do nothing and wait. Since you moved your coral 8 hours ago, it can take a while for it to acclimate, corals can take hours, or days or even weeks to acclimate to the tank. The trick is keep everything stable so the coral can acclimate faster.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back