Coral color

  • Thread starter Thread starter bhavy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
My ALK is 7.7
Calcium 400
I matched par with what lfs was running
Any thoughts on GFO or Carbon pulling to MANY organics out?
Red Montipora Cap is pink but has growth
 
Might be a few of the following.
Lighting- too much
No3 - not enough
Potassium - not enough
 
Is it safe to say it's not lighting if it's growing? I'm running 2 Giesemann Vervves about 18"-21" above the coral itself. All blue spectrums 70% about 9 hrs a day white/uV/red under 20%.
 
Wouldn't potassium be replenished with water changes? 20% every 15 days
200gal tank
 
If the color is fading, it needs nutrients. Do not run carbon or GFO without a reason. (Carbon for yellowed water or possibly contamination, GFO with P04 over .2 ish, depending on who you ask) Check nitrate, if less than 5, I would feed the corals more and get the nitrate up.
 
I have been dosing Red Sea Coral Colors B (potassium) and C (Iron) For several weeks now. Started with low dosage and have been moving it up each week started at 2mL/Day and am now up to 17 mL/Day of potassium and 6 mL of Iron/day for 150 Gal mixed reef....It has made a big difference in my coral color...My montipora went from brown to green...and my other corals definitely have more distinct color...might give this a try...no ill effects.
 
Ok, I will ahi both reactors off for a week and see if I get any color change. I would think I'd see something in a week or 2
 
You should see a change. In color. Dosing trace elements will help corals produce more pigments. I personally use the aqua forest component system. I have had very good results from sps corals coloring up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 23.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 27.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 17.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 2 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new