Coral croucher venom potency

Alpha_and_Gec

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 19, 2023
Messages
743
Reaction score
480
Location
Vancouver, BC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda want to get a coral croucher, as it’s a small scorpionfish that will satisfy my love of scorpionfishes, but it is still a venomous fish and I plan on getting an eel in the future. Will a fish that attack a coral croucher die itself? That’s about the biggest thing I worry about.
 
What kind of eel?
@lion king can probably best answer the potency, but I would guess a fish that small isn’t a huge risk. I’d be more worried about an eel eating the croucher.
 
A coral croucher is a very small sedentary fish that could be easily eaten by any eel, housing an eel with a croucher is probably not a good idea. The effects of their venom would be on a case by case basis, as their will be many variables.
 
A coral croucher is a very small sedentary fish that could be easily eaten by any eel, housing an eel with a croucher is probably not a good idea. The effects of their venom would be on a case by case basis, as their will be many variables.
Probably a pebbletooth like a snowflake or zebra, since I’ll have other small fish. I like the big eels that are more friendly.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 30.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new