Coral dip amount

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the brightwell aquatics koralMD dip and I just realized that you need 1/2 gallon of saltwater for the dip and you’re supposed to add 4 capfuls. I don’t have this much saltwater on hand and won’t until Thursday. Could I do 2 capfuls in 1/4 gallon or 1 capful in 1/8 gallon or would I have to do the 4 capfuls in a 1/2 gallon

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the brightwell aquatics koralMD dip and I just realized that you need 1/2 gallon of saltwater for the dip and you’re supposed to add 4 capfuls. I don’t have this much saltwater on hand and won’t until Thursday. Could I do 2 capfuls in 1/4 gallon or 1 capful in 1/8 gallon or would I have to do the 4 capfuls in a 1/2 gallon
I’m stupid. Forgot to mention I was planning to get coral Wednesday and that’s why I can’t do dip because I’ll have the water Thursday and not Wednesday. May wait until thursday

Zer0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always have a fresh bucker of saltwater on hand when I get new livestock, just in case. I don’t drip acclimate coral though, but it’s nice to have the saltwater if I need it. ‍

jassermd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One capful is either 5 or 10 ml depend on on the cap size
I use that number to calculate how much needed for each ounce and then calculate how much I need for the amount of salt water I need to use for the coral I’m dipping.
I mix as little as 2 cups or as much as a gallon…
Grab some pipettes and you can make quick work of measuring the right amount.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I always have a fresh bucker of saltwater on hand when I get new livestock, just in case. I don’t drip acclimate coral though, but it’s nice to have the saltwater if I need it. ‍
I usually do too usually for fish but I have never added corals before so I never thought of it.

Zer0

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of them lol. Just make sure you don’t keep them in the dip for too long. I throw them all in and use a turkey baster to shoot the solution in and all around the frags.

DE FISH

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you can 1/2 or 1/4 the amount of water and cap fulls and the concentration of the dip will remain the same

Back