Coral fight

akaimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These two corals got along foe months. Last night they decided to fight and created the no mans land. Should I be creating more space between the corals?

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These two corals got along foe months. Last night they decided to fight and created the no mans land. Should I be creating more space between the corals?

Just wondering, when you say fight are you seeing like white and slimy mess between the two acros? If yes, then yeah like you said they are fighting. Should that be the case, your best solution is to form a barrier between them or frag one of them and move them further.

OP
OP
A

akaimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering, when you say fight are you seeing like white and slimy mess between the two acros? If yes, then yeah like you said they are fighting. Should that be the case, your best solution is to form a barrier between them or frag one of them and move them further.
Thanks . Yes the one on the left killed tissue of the coral on the right.

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks . Yes the one on the left killed tissue of the coral on the right.
Ah i see, that I guess like you mentioned its best to create more space between them. You could either get some epoxy and create a barrier. Personally, I’d try remove as much of the acro on the right and relocate it.

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just let them duke it out. Sure, there are winners, and there are losers. IMHO, it makes it look more realistic.

That being said, I do "frag" the Montipora confusa a couple times a year. With a hacksaw.

jkAjDYr.jpg

sLFbH7rl.jpg

OP
OP
A

akaimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ah i see, that I guess like you mentioned its best to create more space between them. You could either get some epoxy and create a barrier. Personally, I’d try remove as much of the acro on the right and relocate it.
I just created no mans land by putting kalk on the coral on the left. Think it's going to be a monthly list of things to do. I am already killing sunset monti with kalk. So not too much extra work.

Attachments

• 741A4439-970E-4F2A-AC83-195FBDEFCA39.jpeg
    741A4439-970E-4F2A-AC83-195FBDEFCA39.jpeg
    251.2 KB · Views: 32

Alexopora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just created no mans land by putting kalk on the coral on the left. Think it's going to be a monthly list of things to do. I am already killing sunset monti with kalk. So not too much extra work.
Looking good. But just as precaution if you haven’t done it, I think it wouldn’t hurt to frag a portion of it as a backup.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back