Coral Frag Plug Help?! New Reefer

georgeburt

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2021
Messages
21
Reaction score
7
Location
Hampshire
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I’m new to reefing and I have started off my journey with a Red Sea Max Nano, all is going very well!

I bought my first coral yesterday which is the torch you can see in the photos, I think it’s happy?

Anyway, it’s come on this big black square frag plug which doesn’t have a stem underneath it, is there a way I can maybe trim the plug to make it that bit smaller? Or maybe take the coral off of the plug? Just really don’t want to hurt the coral, also I secured it to the rock yesterday with 2 part epoxy, so not sure how hard it’s going to be to get that plug off the rock again Really new to corals and don’t know much at all about fragging etc. Just really don’t like the size and shape of the plug.

Any help or tips would be very much appreciated!

Thank you!

E655143E-33ED-42CE-8F75-F2B02A586986.jpeg A396B3FC-96A1-4065-B7D9-9DD37E5B55A7.jpeg 93901193-E3A0-413B-B234-90846D62B8A5.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 30.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new