Coral Frag Smart Placement

therealraf02

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 12, 2024
Messages
449
Reaction score
171
Location
New York
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20260510_182533.jpg 20260510_182540.jpg 20260510_182609.jpg 20260510_182619.jpg 20260510_182705.jpg

Howdy y'all, I picked up a kung pao montipora (i believe montipora palawanensis?) frag and 2 heads of a candy cane coral from the LFS today. Just wondering how you guys would place them 'smartly'. At the same time I'm trying to figure out what section to reserve for my hammers (you can see them along the sand bed for now). At the peaks I currently have a monti digitata, spongeodes, and seriatopora dendritica. With the limited sand bed area however, I'm unsure where to place some of these other corals. Keeping in mind the long term compatibility and mitigating future coral warfare, yk?

Thanks in advance!
(Light is an AI Prime 16HD, 20 gallon high 24x12x16 LWH)
 
Bump! Dipped and placed them on clean frag plugs, plopped the candy cane onto the sand bed for now and the kung pao monti into a hole on the rock.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new