Coral got delayed a day

TCseh

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 28, 2022
Messages
481
Reaction score
239
Location
Broken Arrow Oklahoma
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered this hammer coral and it got delayed in shipping. It seems the tip of the polyps have fallen off on some. What are some emergency procedures I can do to maximize the chance of this coral living?

20230505_122058.jpg
 
Should I dip? I don't see any pests. I am also have little experience identifying pests.
The "correct" answer is yes, even if the dip pushed the coral over the edge and it dies, it's better than risking your other corals and fish.
 
Caught this thing swimming in the acclimation bowl. Is it fine? Since my coral is like this should I still dip or what should I do after acclimation?
 

Attachments

  • 20230505_124145.mp4
    2.9 MB
Caught this thing swimming in the acclimation bowl. Is it fine? Since my coral is like this should I still dip or what should I do after acclimation?
Acclimate, then dip, then put into your tank

and hope for the best
 
Acclimated and dipped now is in my tank. Crossing my fingers.
 

Attachments

  • 20230505_130851.jpg
    20230505_130851.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 94
This is an update on how it looks. If anyone has any ideas or anything that could help it would be appreciated.
 

Attachments

  • 20230509_113107.jpg
    20230509_113107.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 83
  • 20230509_113118.jpg
    20230509_113118.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 87

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 14 24.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 15.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new