Coral growth under AI Prime

  • Thread starter Thread starter Kenyon
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Can the AI prime successfully grow sps corals?


  • Total voters
    51

Kenyon

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 14, 2015
Messages
89
Reaction score
73
Location
Fort Myers, Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nano thread.JPG
After searching endlessly for information on coral growth under Aqua Illumination's new prime led light , I gambled and bought the light fixture for my six gallon sps dominant tank. I would like to start a topic devoted to documenting the coral growth from the Prime.

I know settings have been a constant battle for me to get everything perfect which I am far from. However, I have only had the prime for about a month and have noticed pretty good growth. I will update picture when there is noticeable growth.

If there was better information and proof of coral groth under this new led fixture I believe Aqua illumination would sell a lot more of these. Please document any coral growth you have experienced from this light.
 
I see you have your Prime at the maximum height as well. What are your settings currently at? from that height I'd assume everything would be pretty much maxed out.
 
I currently have two AI primes that I am putting on my redsea 65 gallon. I think they are a great light for the money
 
PRIME.PNG
I have been meaning to lower the light but it is not attached to my tank so I will have to drill another hole in my wall. These are my current settings and I have been increasing everything by 1 percent each day starting last week. I am worried about running the light at 100 percent for different reasons. I have some high light deep water acros that are thriving but not getting the growth from those I want.
 
I love my prime... I actually want another to have equal pars from corner to corner is anyone has one for sale...
 
How is your Blasto doing at the top?? I have about 25 frags and my blasto is the only one that isn't happy.. Seems like it hates light..
 
I currently have one over my lps softy tank. I got a Monti digi in there that's getting some nice growth for being in there for a little over a month.

1442893383196.jpg
 
What up. I have a 55 gallon with two ai prime lights existing. I’m actually looking to purchase two new ai prime hd. So my plan is to use three total on display . two hd primes and one existing prime . The fourth I’m going to use for my sump . What are your thoughts? Should I do it? Should I spend money on different lights?
 
Last edited:
I run AI hydra 26 two of them over my 75 gallon and I love them I also have Radion 30w g4 on my 125 and I’m not going to lie I love my hydras!!!

4721A103-5899-48B3-9432-D37144E25ED6.jpeg 24613471-F48A-47E3-86D1-98BD28168E08.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new