Coral Hitchhiker ID

Andrews_aquarium

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 20, 2020
Messages
297
Reaction score
397
Location
Santa Barbara,CA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought Australian Live rock about 1.5 years ago and this coral came on one of the pieces and somehow survived the whole process of getting to me. It started of very tiny (size of a pinhead). It's now the size of an actual frag. Ive since removed to from the live rock and put it in a better viewing space. When removed it has a very interesting skeleton underneath, it's longer and looks very similar to a Hammer/torch skeleton. Almost looks like a Disc Coral ( Cycloseris) but after seeing the skeleton growth underneath I'm unsure. Anybody have any thoughts?

60g-2.jpg
60g.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new