Coral ID and polyp extension?

  • Thread starter Thread starter joey123
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

joey123

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 21, 2019
Messages
79
Reaction score
77
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody have any input here? This guy(blue not the green one)
20200220_185142.jpg
has shown basically no pe since i added him a few weeks ago. I've tried different light levels, all 200-350 par. Only thing a bit low right now is my Ca at 380, but I'm working on getting that raised back up. I'll see just the tiniest tips but that's it. I have some killer extension on other sps, including acros, but for whatever reason cant get it here.

Also, if you care to...coral id? Thanks!
20200220_185144.jpg
 
Looks like a dragon acro of some sort. WWC Needle in a haystack maybe? If so they have minimal polyp extension.
 
Anybody have any input here? This guy(blue not the green one)
20200220_185142.jpg
has shown basically no pe since i added him a few weeks ago. I've tried different light levels, all 200-350 par. Only thing a bit low right now is my Ca at 380, but I'm working on getting that raised back up. I'll see just the tiniest tips but that's it. I have some killer extension on other sps, including acros, but for whatever reason cant get it here.

Also, if you care to...coral id? Thanks!
20200220_185144.jpg
look at them at night with a flashlight. my Hawkins blue never has polyps out except at night
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 8.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new