Coral ID assistance

  • Thread starter Thread starter JHSteepat
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JHSteepat

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 2, 2023
Messages
337
Reaction score
211
Location
Pittsburgh
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m new to LPS and thought I got a favites from the LFS. Is this Lepastrea? Second photo is right after feeding. These are the best I could do with iphone.
IMG_8967.jpeg
71132432379__7A64014E-1154-4CB6-BF0A-173A06EBDAE7.jpeg
 
I’m new to LPS and thought I got a favites from the LFS. Is this Lepastrea? Second photo is right after feeding. These are the best I could do with iphone.
IMG_8967.jpeg
71132432379__7A64014E-1154-4CB6-BF0A-173A06EBDAE7.jpeg
I’d say it’s Favites, leptastrea looks incredibly fluffy with the polyps they have.
 
I’d say it’s Favites, leptastrea looks incredibly fluffy with the polyps they have.
I like the “incredibly fluffy” description. I think “fluffy” or “hairy” is how I’d describe it looking in person. Lots of tentacles surrounding the mouths unlike the puffiness of my favia polyps. The top picture is a little unclear due to angle and zoom. The second picture is during feeding with reef roids, so all the tentacles are retracted.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new