Coral ID - Echinata?

  • Thread starter Thread starter JCOLE
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

JCOLE

Grower of the Small Polyps
View Badges
Joined
Mar 12, 2018
Messages
4,218
Reaction score
10,592
Location
Charlotte, NC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe this is an Echinata. Does anyone know the name of this piece? It is maroon with polyps. Picture doesnt do it any justice.

06732b3244274e9666595dd6952f72d5.jpg
 
You definitely have a stylocoeniella!! Have you ever heard of the burning banana or scarlet fever? Here’s one of my mine the polyps give it away.
759BA9F0-690A-4E5C-8BE7-A00FD4E2B25D.jpeg
586B2A24-798C-4B6B-BC64-B647C1F5CAFA.jpeg
 
Last edited:
I believe this is an Echinata. Does anyone know the name of this piece? It is maroon with polyps. Picture doesnt do it any justice.

06732b3244274e9666595dd6952f72d5.jpg

Looks like stylocoeniella to me.
 
You definitely have a stylocoeniella!! Have you ever heard of the burning banana or scarlet fever? Here’s one of my mine the polyps give it away.
759BA9F0-690A-4E5C-8BE7-A00FD4E2B25D.jpeg
586B2A24-798C-4B6B-BC64-B647C1F5CAFA.jpeg
Thank you. Gotta stop listening to my LFS. Lol. It looks awesome in person and under blues. Is yours a fast grower?
 
They’re sensitive they like lower light/blue light I keep all of mine towards/on the sand. Watch polyp extension that how I keep mine happy. It been a rough 6 months for them. I managed to save most of them.
53FB182A-AB12-45B4-BE2D-976CE40EAB3D.jpeg
666FB6E0-36DC-4EC6-BCA1-4E8DB7383B6B.jpeg
D9F020F4-5C0C-416F-A5E1-A4307173BD98.jpeg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new